They drove away without stopping!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
thank you heard a yell this morning. He came in to see if it was me - I wasn't quite awake yet. Jess had left a few minutes before for the bus.

He opened the front door.

Jessie was laying on the ground at the foot of the porch stairs. She is the one who yelled.

SHE WAS HIT BY A CAR ON THE WAY TO THE BUS!!!

The car was turning around in an empty driveway (house is empty - being sold) and they backed into her. Somehow she managed to make it home - about 1/8th of a mile! But she couldn't get up the steps.

I grabbed my phone and sat on the steps holding her has I called 911. They sent out 3 ambulance/firemen vehicles - and then the county sheriff came and then a state trooper came to make a report.

Jess is banged up - her right rib is bruised but likely not broken and her right knee is a mess. Thank heavens she had capris on so her knees were not shredded on the gravel. She will be OK in a few days, though she will hurt like heck for those few days.

thank you was such a total sweetheart - brought her a blanket, offered to bring her aleve or a drink or anything he could think of while we waited for the ambulance.

I called my parents' house and Wiz answered - we were waiting for the ambulance when I called. My dad drove out here faster than I knew he could drive! He ended up taking thank you to school - I was NOT having him walk up to the bus today.

husband came home, and is going to do some work from here.

I am still just in shock. I never, EVER expected anything like this. If she gets much worse we will take her in to the hospital later, but I don't htink it will be necessary.

I did get the trooper to make a report, though Jess didn't get a good look at the car.

Keep us in your prayers, that this does not get worse.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG!!! OMG!!!!! I am SO sorry Suz - I can NOT believe someone would back into a child and NO ONE would see it -

I am so angry I could just spit. The nerve! The audacity! The STUPIDITY!

Poor Jess - Poor Mom - poor family - breathe....breathe....it will be okay.

Out of all of this I'm sorry to say my biggest thanks is that she was able to make it home - poor baby. GRRRRRRRRRR I hope they find this jerk and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law and then some and that he has to suffer the wrath and wraith of the Board Parents...:faint:..(staring daggers)

Hugs * Prayers
Star

everywoman

How dare someone that the DMV thought was old enough to get an "adult" license act like such an animal. Who does such a thing. Poor Jess. Poor Mom. Someone had to see something. I would be calling everyone in the neighborhood. Is your street a frequently traveled one? OMG---I am livid at the thought that this idiot is out there.

trinityroyal

Oh goodness, Susie.
I'm so sorry that Jess got banged up, and absolutely LIVID that the driver took off.

As everywoman suggests, I would be calling every person I could think of. Someone had to have seen something.

I think you're right that Jess will be okay, but very sore for a while. (I've been hit by cars twice, no lasting damage) Poor Jess. What a horrible thing to happen.

I hope the law catches this jerk and throws the book at him.

Sending prayers and strength.

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
O. M. G.!!!! That is just SO incredible it defies all REASON!!!

Glad she's not hurt worse and that her guardian angel was working overtime! Hope she's back on her feet soon and that karma catches up with the driver very quickly!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG! I hope they hunt that driver down with a vengence!!!!! *snarl* How on earth can you be so low as to hit a child with your car and drive away??!!!

I hope Jess is ok. Did they run her to the ER to be checked out? Poor kid. She's gonna feel it worse tomorrow. Trust me.

(((((hugs))))))) OMG I just can't believe it!!!

witzend

Did you call the media? If someone was stupid enough to do that, they're stupid enough to tell someone about it.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Susie!!! How horrifying and scarey. What a total loser to just drive away. I'm glad she wasn't hurt more seriously.

Abbey

meowbunny

I'm so very glad she'll be okay. I hope they find the bastahd who did this. To hit a child and not stop is beyond the pale and something I truly cannot understand. I hope they find this person (and odds are there will be no insurance and no driver's license) and actually act appropriately.

donna723

I'm glad too that she wasn't seriously injured. How on earth could anyone just drive away after they had hit a child?!?! What kind of a person could do that? Is there any possibility that they didn't know they hit her?

Would she be able to identify the car? Maybe one of the neighbors saw the car ... or maybe it was one of the neighbors that hit her! You never know! If there was school buses in the area, maybe one of the bus drivers saw the car. I hope the police are actively looking for this &#%$# and that they nail them to the wall when they find them!

B

butterflydreams

This is absolutely unthinkable! I am so sorry that Jess was injured. How on earth could someone hit someone else and then just drive away? Thank goodness that Jess wasn't more seriously injured and that she was able to make it home to the porch.

Hugs,

Christy

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'll lay odds on that the driver of the vehicle is uninsured and likely doesn't have a driver's license, either.

Hitting a pedestrian is my biggest nightmare. It doesn't have to be a child though children really scare me as they are too short to be seen out the back of my SUV window and they tend to pop up out of nowhere.

I'm glad Jess wasn't more seriously injured than she was. It sounds like at least the vehicle was moving slowly or just "clipped" her.

Andy

Oh how scarey! Are you sure she shouldn't get x-rays of the rib area? She may remember more as her pain goes away - she is probably hurting too bad to recall anything.

susiestar

Roll With It
I understand the fear of hitting someone, and kids DO tend to move very unpredictably. thank you is quite small, and last year he started holding one hand up in the air (like raising his hand to be called on in school) while walking anywhere near cars. He just decided it would help people see him as he is "shorter than most cars" in his words.

Jess is taller than I am, almost 5'3". We called the doctor this morning and they said that the EMTs are very good at assessing things. I am quite sure she does not have more serious injuries, though if she feels worse at any time we will head in to the doctor or call 911 again.

I also believe it was a driver with-o insurance. They were backing up when they hit her, so they were not moving at a high rate of speed.

Wiped Out

Staff member
OMG! I'm so glad she is not seriously hurt but how absolutely scary. I really hope they get the person-shame on him/her!