They got him

hearthope

My world experiences taught me that no one would change until they made the decision on their own to do so.

You tend to forget that truth when you are dealing with your child.

Janet I have thought of so many different ways to help my Corey now. You know, what if I wrote the judge and asked for a treatment center? What if I convinced him to serve a year at Canaan Land? Who could I get to go talk to him now that he is sober and will listen? Should I hire a lawyer because he will have 3 felonys on his record? Many, many things have gone thru my head...

The answer to all the questions is no. If I do anything to make this easier on him, he will have gotten away with yet another stupid act.

This is hard. I have given myself today to grieve. I couldn't face going to the jail to put money on the books, so husband did.

Later, I hope to get a letter written. One thing I noticed in his room was every card and letter he has gotten over the years he kept. So if I can get in the right frame of mind I will write him.

Gosh, all we have gone thru to keep them out of where they are now.

Hang in there, I am trying to do the same

Traci

DammitJanet

I havent gone and put money on the books and am not sure if or when I will. I did relent and fixed my phone so I can accept phone calls from him but he hasnt figured out that I can accept them yet. He tried twice today and they were blocked before I got it fixed so we shall see whether he tries again tonite. I am gonna tell him I will accept 3 calls a week from him and he better use them well.

hearthope

Our house phone is blocked.

I have spent tody wallowing. I haven't left the bedroom other than for coffee in the kitchen. I still have on my gown.

easy child and her boyfriend have been in and out all day. I bet he wonders why I haven't been out of the room?

I just couldn't get going on anything today. I couldn't get going enough to change clothes and go speak to easy child's boyfriend.

Tomorrow will be different. I gave myself today for wallowing.

My parents are coming tomorrow for a "going back to NY for easy child's boyfriend \ to see easy child's senior portrait proofs lunch.

My mom has been where I am and wanted to cancel but I told her I needed a reason to have to get going and easy child is looking forward to the get together.

You sound like what I think in my head over and over. Should I do this or should I do that - I believe we have all done it - mainly to save our children - that is the only reason. Sometimes it becomes enabling if we continue - that is what is crazy. I think i will let my husband deliver my sons clothes, etc. if he is released from jail on Tuesday instead of me. I will immediately want to fix everything and make it warm and fuzzy.

donna723

Janet, not meaning to sound smart-a$$ed about it or anything, but I sure wouldn't put money into any commissary account for him - or whatever they call it where he is! Let him suffer! He needs a little dose of reality! After all the money he just <u>STOLE</u> from you, he has a heck of a lot of nerve to ask you to fork over more $$$ to buy "stuff"! They HAVE to provide him with everything he <u>really</u> needs, like soap and toothpaste - all the rest is unnecessary "goodies". I can't believe he could even ask you to do that! Apparently he still thinks it should be no big deal - it still hasn't sunk in! You might ask him if there's anything left from all the checks he stole from you!

Jen

Janet I feel your pain, that just teears your stomach apart, and never lets your brain shut off, so all consuming.
You certainly are grieinving, but is not a death grief that has an ending.

Jen