They Just Wont Listen!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I would love to now who you heard. I figured it out because one week Wiz refused to respond to anything but food when he was about four. Too into his books - I couldn't even turn off the tv and HOW do you tell a kid not to read? But junk food he had ears for. I have posted it here quite a few times because quite simply, it worked. I have seen it work with friends of my kids, classmates, groups of kids at the park that I don't know. So if someone has written about it I would love to hear how they came to it.

It sure keep the house happier htan when I was a kid and wouldn't hear my folks then got in trouble because I didn't do what they said because I had no idea they even spoke because my mind was deep into a book. (It wokrs on my parents too - very very funny to see Wiz use it with my mom and dad, lol!)

a_demann

I dont remember where I heard it from but it was a few years back...not sure if I read it or if I heard it from someone. They/it said that if the kids aren't listening in a normal indoor voice offer something like a treat or a new toy soon they will tune in to you because they wont know what your going to say. For all they know you could be offering them some kind of treat, it teaches them that it pays to listen when someone is talking.