They're joking, right?

donna723

OMG! It sounds like Skittles are now almost as dangerous to our children's health and well-being as the dreaded ... cupcakes! :highvoltage:
How did any of US ever manage to survive our childhood?!?!?

susiestar

Roll With It
doesn't this school have any REAL problems? If they have time to police the skittles, then there must be NO drug problem, all the kids are over the 80th percentile, there is no child abuse and NO difficult children in this school.

Maybe we should send our kids there, if things are so calm they can police the skittles.

tryinghard

i would say I am shocked but not really....This principal must have the same logic as the policeperson that arrested the mom putting coins in the salvation army container. Wow....no common sense and on a big power trip.

donna723

Just to show you how much things have changed ...

When I was in school, apparently there was a huge peanut butter surplus and our school got USDA peanut butter by the truckload. At least two items on the lunch trays every day had peanut butter in them! And nobody dropped dead! Can you imagine doing that now?

I don't dispute the fact that there are kids who are violently allergic to it NOW, but back then there WEREN'T! Strange!

SRL

Oh brother. I hope the district feels good and humiliated with all this national attention.

It definitely isn't my school district...which is far on the opposite side of the fence that sweets are routinely used as incentives in the classroom and the school as a whole. There have been candy jars in nearly every class my kids have been in and a cart with sweets and other stuff is rolled around once a week so kids can buy rewards with the incentive bucks they've earned.

Abbey

Spork Queen
You know, this REALLY irks me. When I was the Dean of Students, I'd have teachers write referrals to me for a student who didn't have a pencil. CAN YOU GET A LIFE??? GIVE THE KID A DARN PENCIL!! When you pull out the big guns for something so insignificant, you lose the penalty for something really big.

I can see counseling the kids on it's not appropriate to sell anything on campus, but geez...this is ridiculous.

Abbey

DammitJanet

How much you wanna bet the skittles were part of some fundraiser? Here...at least from people I know...kids sell candy bars, M&M's and Skittles.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
As a resident of CT I can tell you that this has been getting a lot of radio play and call ins. There have been people actually calling in and saying the district was justified.

Ridiculous, yes, but not surprising considering our state is probably the most uptight state about almost everything!

"Political correctedness is of the utmost importance, don't you know?", but meanwhile....ugh.