Another horrible night last night. difficult child had been fine, took her medications, and went to bed, prepared to go to school today. One of the cats woke her up at 2:30am and it was downhill from there. I was up with her until 5am, with her sobbing and catastrophizing, saying she can't live like this anymore. In the back of my mind the entire time was the question, at what point can I say that I am no longer able to give her the help she needs at home and put her in the hospital for a short (30 days?) stay. difficult child decided that she would go to school today and if she could leave after 6th period. That's a little more than half a school day. Partial days is something I have mentioned to her in the past. I agreed. Then she obsessed on what if they don't let her go home and I had to reassure her repeatedly that they would. I sent a note this morning saying she would be leaving immediately following 6th period in case I couldn't get in touch with the people I needed to. I contacted the SpEd Director for the high school this morning. Explained the situation, repeatedly stressing how urgent the situation is. I understand that those that don't live with another with a mental illness don't get it, but they seem to think if she was ok 2 months ago, why isn't she ok now? Anyway, I lucked out in that SpEd Director is not available this week for an IEP meeting because federal auditors are in all week. So, I got her to agree to partial days through Friday at least, and then we'll have an IEP meeting Monday afternoon. I did stress that this is only a temporary situation until difficult child is able to find stability and use her tools so that she can maintain, but that right now she needs all the support she can get.