Things are on the upswing this week...thank heavens.

DDD

No, I haven't honed in on treatment yet. Looking more and more like I may have to try the local counselor for that.

on the other hand, this has been a substance free week. My jewelry is back where it belongs. He has gone to the gym and I'm expecting that to be fairly regular. Plus he got an appointment with the MD who verified he does in fact have gout, did blood work and thankfully scheduled him for a follow up appointment this month before his health insurance expires 10/1. I was hoping that he would be scheduled for a GI series as he has alot of problems with frequent trips to the bathroom. He "mentioned" that problem to the Doctor and the Dr. responded it is probably the result of your alcoholism.

All in all today is the best day I've had in many and I'm enjoying it. DDD

T

TeDo

Yeah!! Glad things are moving a little in the right direction. Pretzeling for it to continue.

Ephchap

DDD, I was heartbroken to read the other post, but am thrilled to read this good update, my friend. As you know, I "lost" my jewelry back in the dark days, so I can totally relate to what you were feeling. Ughhh.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and mega hugs your way.

Star*

call 911........call 911
D3,

I can't BELIEVE he got your jewelery back.OMG what a miracle. I am so happy for you!!!!!!! I lost all of mine and never got it back------even the wedding rings. WOW. Congratulations on the absolute best weeks to come.

Thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers and best thoughts.

DDD

Thanks. It was wonderful to get it back. I'm relieved that husband never had to know about it because he is showing signs of aging recently and I try to shelter him from anything upsetting to keep him on an even keel. Phew/Whew!

How long it will last I don't know but difficult child#1 has demonstrated that he "gets" the significance of taking my jewelry and has always said over the years that friend x is no longer a friend because he actually steals from his family etc.
Pow! He looked in the mirror and realized that he had overstepped his own boundaries. Without a doubt he is trying his hardest to avoid substances and is contributing his time and effort to helping at the store and also at home.
Yeah, I know. But I am hoping for the best......sadly knowing after ten years plus that i must stay prepared for the worst. Maybe....just maybe...crossing over his own moral boundaries will have a continueing impact.

Thanks, DDD