Things have changed now that they're changing

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by ML, May 29, 2010.

1. ML

ML Guest

I may have mentioned manster, now at the end of 5th grade, is participating in the "growing and changing" class at school. We have our weekly table talk discussions where husband tells manster what he remembers about adolesence and we all talk about stuff we'd all rather not talk about lol.

So I can tell it's all sunk in. Manster fought about going to his dad's tonight and I told him that husband and I really just needed a couple hours alone, perhaps have a candlelight dinner. He said "why can't I join you, I would like a candlelight dinner. I said but we just need some time just the two of us and he finally blurted out "if you want to have s.x, I can just stay in my room! Well, ok then.
    Lasted edited by : May 29, 2010
  2. klmno

klmno Active Member

LOL! I guess that learning the romance aspect comes in later years!! At least he got the basics down!
  3. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

4. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

LOL! That's very nice of him!:D
  5. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

That's an Aspie remark if I ever heard one! LOL!!! It was sweet of him to offer though. Many kids would be totally grossed out by the thought IF they connected what they learned in school to their parents. A big IF there. Offering to stay out of the way after making that connection shows some real consideration for you, even if it is a bit off the wall.

He has a really sweet heart.
  6. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

:embarrassed::couple:Omg, rofl!!!
  7. Tiapet

Tiapet Old Hand

8. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

*snort* That was very nice of him to be so understanding... *chuckle*
  9. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

What a hoot! Very understanding of young Manster.
  10. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

11. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

That is great. If husband and I hug or kiss easy child tells us to go to our room. Aren't they funny?