Things I've noticed.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
He's never been on anxiety medications, either.

I videoed him again Sunday after the minor meltdown at the store....we were walking the sidewalk and he was major hand flapping. Haven't seen that in years, either. But good idea.

TerryJ2

Oh dear. I am so sorry.
You've gotten some great ideas here. I'm glad you videotaped him. That will help. The hand flapping is a good clue for the dr.

dreamer

Im thinking on very rare occasions there have been kids diagnosis'ed one thing when young but later- sometimes MANY years later- it turns out to be something VERY different.....and not ODD, autism, bipolar etc whatever. One of those things is Chiari.............off the top of my head, I know there are more, but atm I cant remember, cant think. & it can turn out that the symptoms that were supposedly from odd, autism, bipolar whatever are really from the whatever that was unknown all that time.

for example, my son was assumed to be add, adhd, but when they FINALLY did MRI & genetic tests etc, they found out he has cereebal palsy (mild) and seizures and heterotopia.............and a couple odd genetic disorders, too. But it took me almost 10 years of actively and aggressively pushing for those tests. (the docs mostly wanted to assume I was imagining things cuz of myoldest child and her BiPolar (BP) etc)

That said, I also truly believe and so does my difficult child that the long term affects of her BiPolar (BP) add & adhd and anxiety medications did cause her to regress substantially in many areas. she was on so many medications over the 10-12 years.......but she will tell you now she believes they caused her a lot of the difficulties she has NOW.