Things that annoy us......Don't be shy....it's a FIRST DAY OF SPRING - FLING

InsaneCdn

How about misuse/abuse of the poor little apostrophe?

Sure, it's just a really tiny thing, but, boy oh boy does it ever BUG me. Especially on a day when I'm already irritated.

S

Signorina

I am having a bad day ---so I want to add something....

PEOPLE WHO POST STUFF ON FACEBOOK AND THEN ACCUSE PEOPLE WHO READ IT OF "SNOOPING."

YOU posted it for the world to see. It showed up on my feed. That's how facebook works...

Same goes of people who think their followers are "stalking" them. PRIVACY settings exist.

I didn't rifle thru your medicine cabinet or underwear drawer for crying out loud

InsaneCdn

YOU posted it for the world to see. It showed up on my feed. That's how facebook works...
DUH! Sig, I agree with this particular irritation, even though I don't have to suffer through it.

This is why I don't DO facebook and any of that other social-internet stuff... because, no matter what you use for settings, it is NOT guaranteed private. If you want it private... don't put it on the net.

And then *I* end up really, REALLY irritated by all these so-called friends that try to tell me that you "have" to be on social internet, and that there isn't anything that can possibly go wrong, because there's way too many people doing this stuff for anybody in the world to care about "your" details... Oh Ya??

S

Signorina

I love facebook...I am in touch with my zillion cousins who live far away and my HS friends who are often my rock. Without FB - it would be Christmas cards only... and I agree, I would never post anything I didn't want my mother to see...(and yes, she's on FB too)

but my sister in law has befriended my difficult child's girlfriend on there. And sister in law is constantly posting compliments to her. And I've asked her NICELY to cool it (detachment-the girlfriend is enabling my difficult child plus why on earth has 50 yo woman friends with a 19 yo girl whom she's met a few times?) and my sister in law refuses to do so just because my sister in law is a witch. And now she is calling me out in her status as "she hates family members who snoop on facebook."

I AM NOT SNOOPING.It showed up on my feed and once again I asked you to cool it and just let things lie...and this is the response I get.

Malika

I get annoyed by... bureaucrats in public services who do not listen to what you say and just keep repeating stock phrases that obviously belong to some other conversation. And so the conversation goes round... and round... and round. I do understand how thankless and horrible a job this probably is, but I also wish that people doing it were trained in basic emotional skills such as listening to your interlocutor before responding...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It's not old age. I'm not 40 yet.

Of course, mine is linked to hormonal imbalance and change right now...

flutterby

Fly away!
Easy -

Stupid people
Mean people
People who can't step outside of their little box for a minute to give another consideration

And someone using my avatar that I've had for years that I didn't get from this site. But I'll get over that one. I saw it and thought...I don't remember responding to this thread already. I was so confused. Messing with the chick with the memory issues... :winks:

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
And someone using my avatar that I've had for years that I didn't get from this site. But I'll get over that one. I saw it and thought...I don't remember responding to this thread already. I was so confused.

LOL! Don't feel bad!

I saw the avatar and immediately assumed it was you, too.....then I saw your 'second" response and got confused...

So it's not you.

Mom2oddson

Accidentally biting your lip. Then, biting the same spot not once, not twice, not three time, not even four time, but FIVE TIMES in one day! My lip is killing me. I think I will have a liquid dinner tonight to avoid any chance of biting it again.

KTMom91

A certain difficult child who gets bored, goes to Target, and then feels compelled to "share" her shopping trip over the phone with her mother...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Paying for my grand furbaby's grooming.

Listening to difficult child cry over the phone.

Having easy child tell me I'm so annoying.

H yelling at me for being on my iPad all the time (lol).

It being 7:30 by the time I leave work, visit my mom and get home...no one started dinner, H didn't send me a message as to when he'd be home and easy child lying on her bed watching tv.

Losing one of my chargers.

Pain in my knee every time I lie down. Grrr.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH OH I got one!!!! (Rather I mean I have one)

Staying home and entire day to understand how to start an Ebay business.
Starting said Ebay business
Getting the checking account squared with your former email accounts that you no longer use and syncing it all to one new email account
Finally getting your item ready to photograph
Finding your camera
Finding your camera has no charged batteries
Charging your batteries (I'm waiiiiiiiiiiiting)
Okay now the light is gone, but you still photograph the item and get it on Ebay)
You figure out the entire Ebay system - it only took you eight bloody hours - you feel like you wasted an entire day, wonder if it takes EVERYONE this long because everyone you talked to said "Oh, ...it's not THAT hard." so you're feeling like you're somewhere between an idiot and accomplished.
OH whats this? Military items have regulations - read this DOD handbook to make sure you are in compliance. OH.MY.WORD. Government handbook is like 900 pages long - you read , skim, scan - no I don't see my item, and also good thinking you post that you are in compliance with DOD regulation list number of regulation and will NOT ship outside of US (there that should cover your hiney)
You post your item.....and now you have to figure out shipping. SHIPPING NOW? UGH - you sign up for a postal USPS account. GOOD Done.
You have to offer ALTERNATIVE SHIPPING? OMG are you F#($%*)*(% kidding me? You sign up for a UPS account. OH **** I forgot to write down my password, you dink with that for awhile -
You get back to EBAY and offer your shipping, and expedited shipping, and alternative shipping.
DONE -
YOU POST (TA DA!) You are on your way, yes indeedy! Sigh of relief. You check it, you check again - you have a few lookers.....it may sell - oh you're up to eight. You're price is good. Okay was that reserve price or is that the price I start at? OMG I don't know did I do that right? Am I giving it away? Why is no one bidding? (bites fingernail - yuk) Oh just let it go - this is a learning experience. You check the site 12 times a day. It's still there - no buyers. Okay, okay - you can relist.
And this morning you get up to an EMAIL - OH JOY _ someone wants to ask a QUESTION!!!!!!!!! (SMILE) open the email and it's EBAY telling you...............

We apologize for the inconvenience, but your listing has been removed and your charges will be removed. The DOD DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE has requested the item be removed for VIOLATIONS - you can contact them at *(lists email) for further question.

I AM JUST ........:censored2:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh, Starbie... Yeah, the DoD is a little "tetchy" about stuff... You should see what I ship out for them...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie, you might want to check fb to see if your area has any community pages for selling things............or creating one. No DoD to deal with, at least not from what I see that is selling on ours. I don't know what you're selling, but it might work? Our little bitty town already has about 4 pages. Folks are literally selling EVERYTHING including the kitchen sink on them.

Yeah, that would so peeve me off. IF I sell on ebay (notice that if is in capitols) I'll use Travis' already long established top seller account. I doubt I could figure out all that junk. lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
It's a chemical/biological gas mask..0dd thing is the very same one I'm selling? There are a bunch others exact same thing for sale - same place. Weird.