Things that annoy us......Don't be shy....it's a FIRST DAY OF SPRING - FLING

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Step, my chief complaint with the cleaning staff in our building is that they clean the BOWLS, but not the seats or rims. It is gross. I always have to line the seat with paper or I feel like I may get cooties.

InsaneCdn

You can actually buy disinfecting wipes - just like "wet ones" - they even come in "purse size" packages... so you can wipe T-seats, shopping-cart handles and whatever else...

My complaints are as follows:

Going to bed after cleaning my kitchen, waking up to what looks like someone cooked a Thanksgiving dinner and left the mess there.

Taking a pill for anxiety before going to the gyn, while waiting naked, cell phone rings, child broke ankle at school, I need to pick him up NOW. Running out of the room in that SHEET asking for the dr to come in asap, having my quick exam. Oh now the pill is making me completey tired but still have to go to the school, ER, sports medication dr. , pharmacy, medical supply store for crutches, they don't take my insurance, so have to make 8 calls.......falling down tired (never should have taken pill, but wasn't planning on doing anything but go to my IOP, which I missed) to the UPS store to fax info (now crutches are being delivered) back to pharmacy, now to supermarket for kid wants something special.
I fell asleep at 7.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
*waving* I have another one!!!

People who use forks on non-stick cookware so that trying to make a grilled cheese sandwich becomes an exercise in futility!

DammitJanet

people who use steel wool on non stick cookware which is why I dont own anymore of it except a griddle and old electric frying pan thats on its last 3 legs. Time for a new one of those. The non stick is gone in that.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I gave up on nonstick cookware completely and went back to cast iron due to that scratching it up bit. I've got a darn cast iron skillet that is over a century old.......and yet I was being forced to replace my really good non stick skillets at least every 2 yrs! FYI real butter in cast iron pretty much makes it non stick.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love my cast iron, but I don't use it much for a couple of reasons.

One - ceramic cooktop. All it takes is one kid/husband carelessly dropping it... I wish wish wish we had gas.
Two - kids doing dishes. Nuff said. Reseasoning it every time I use it is not gonna happen.

It's all good. When Onyxx moves out, she's got a whole set of pots and pans. And... I get new...

N

Nomad

Don't throw stones at me, but I've gotten much calmer in recent years about this stuff. Life is too short....I am trying like hexk not to let things bother me. Don't sweat the small stuff and all that. The main thing I don't like is when people are unkind to others.

Re: Strangers doing weird things. One day I got out of the gym and went to McDonalds and bought a skim milk. Outside was a woman that looked homeless. She was begging for money. She said that she was living in her car and had two kids to feed. In my hand was the milk (skim) and two dollars. I handed her everything I had. She proceeded to YELL very loud "Skim milk? Why in the world woud you buy skim milk..we like regular milk!" with a look of utter disgust on her face. Then she did an about face and walked away. WTH! No thank you...no nada. Ironically, it was literally all I had on me at the time. IT was very sad...also a bit annoying (hate to say it..but it was).

Re: cookware????? I bought that new cephalon (sp?) cookware. I really like it. Only thing though is that you can't use the spray oil with it. Only have three pans at the moment. It is suppose to be healthier for you...very scratch resistant. I'm grateful to be able to get this.

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My Mom had some Calphalon (I think that's it)... Onyxx killed it. Scratch resistant is nothing when faced with a difficult child...