Think I got a job!!

muttmeister

Since my mother passed I have been doing a lot of searching, trying to decide on the next phase of my life. I need to get away from difficult child 2 as he is far too reliant on me. My plan has always been to eventually move to Omaha and buy a house there but finances prevent that at this point.

difficult child 1 suggested I move to his town and live with them and work there, I appreciate the offer but as I look at the living arrangements it seems that I would be in the way Besides that, I don't like the town they live in. There's really nothing wrong with it; I just don't like it.
Then I looked at being a live-in nanny in the east; even though I am supremely qualified, apparently they think I am too old and that didn't seem to be working out.
So I decided that since Omaha is where I want to be, I will rent an apartment there and look for a job there. I do have social security and teacher's retirement but I also have a lot of bills to pay but I only need a job good enough to pay the rent and utilities; then I can put my other money on bills, etc. Even fast food would do the trick. I'm still thinking of the nanny thing though - I may try for a part-time, live-out position There do seem to be some,

The problem is that I need money to move on: first month's rent, deposit, utility connections, a few new items for the apartment, etc. So....I have found a short term nanny position about 4 hours from me. They have an 18 month old and a four year old who goes to preschool in the afternoons. I would start the end of September or the beginning of October and be done by Thanksgiving. They are paying between $400 and 500 per week so it would certainly be enough to move on. I meet them Saturday and unless they think I'm an ogre, I think I have the job.

Please cross all body parts; this sounds perfect.

Calamity Jane

That sounds wonderful. You'd be live-in, right? 4 hrs. is a long commute. I'm so happy for you...I'm sure you'll clinch the interview!

DammitJanet

Wonderful news!

As far as also getting some money. Do you any stuff you dont want anymore? Did you get some of your mom's old things? Sell them on Ebay. If you know what it is you have exactly do an ebay search for the item and you know what price to set. Oh and another way to get good things to sell on ebay...if you have an android smartphone you can get an app called something like Red fire or Red scan...but it works by having you scan the bar codes on items to see what they are going for on ebay. If you see good deals in stores on clearance you just pick them up and sell them.

Im planning to do a small business on ebay by doing that. I picked up a few things yesterday at Kmart's clearance toy sale and I have put them up because in a few years they will be collectors items. I am also going to start hitting Radio Shack because they put thing on clearance for a really low price but they are selling for retail or above on ebay. Shhh...I also get things that Billy is supposed to trash because they have gone out of stock and we simply feel it is stupid to throw perfectly good items away. He marks them as trashed and brings them home and if its not something we can use I will sell them.

scent of cedar

Independent woman! :O)

You are making your dreams come true. This is a great lesson for me, too.

Thanks for sharing.

Wishing all the luck and joy in the world!

Cedar

muttmeister

Meeting postponed till Thursday because of a funeral. Found out my minister used to live in that town so I will use her as a reference.