Think I'm gonna throw up.....

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
As I was watching the news last night they were showing some pictures of a suspect who stole some computer parts and they were asking for help in identifying the thief.......

The pictures weren't that clear, but except for the dark hair it looked like difficult child.....my heart sank.....difficult child is currently waiting to receive sentencing for a burglary he did at the end of May. He found some friends to bail him out...big mistake....just gave him more time to commit more crime....

I'm not absolutely sure it was him and we haven't actually talked with him since May. I was hoping he was getting prepared for a two year sentence, but if this is his crime he could easily be facing 30-life under the repeat offender law. He was finally getting evaluated to get some mental health care....may all be for naught......Never used violence in committing crimes, just can't seem to keep his "sticky fingers" out of someone else's pie.....

Thanks for letting me vent and pray I am wrong!

:scared: :sad:

Sunlight

hoping you are wrong. try to view the news piece online and get a better look. was it in an area your difficult child could be part of?

WhymeMom?

The store that was robbed was a store I had actually taken him to a couple of years ago to try to get a job.....it could totally be him because he is into gaming and spiking up computers with more memory and gadgets.......agh....hoping it was just some one who looks like him...

Never forget one of his counselors saying he had the personality of a common criminal......guess he was right.....

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, I know that whenever they show those pictures or videos on tv I always look and breathe a sigh of relief (so far) that they aren't Rob.

I'm so sorry. I understand your fear. This is one time I hope you are wrong.

Hugs,
Suz

scent of cedar

Ouch, whymemom.

Know that we are waiting with you, and that we understand.

Alone is worse.

And just for the record, I think the counselor was very wrong to say that to you. There is no such thing as a common criminal. There are people who are going a wrong way.

The counselor was blaming your son because he could not help him.

Hold faith that your son can turn himself around. Without it, we lose all hope.

Barbara

mstang67chic

Going Green
If it makes you feel any better, he also looks quite a bit like a guy I know from my area and I'm pretty sure he's not from your area. (And "my" guy is a lot older than yours.) Have you watched the video yet or just seen the stills?

WhymeMom?

He lives in the same town we are in. He has a friend who has a house and I believe he is living there. He had been in a halfway house when he first got out of jail, but moved out of that place after about 2 months and in with his high school friend. The friend has his own problems, but we knew our involvement with his living arrangements hadn't worked in the past, so we stayed out of it. He had found a job and seemed to be slowly getting back to normal. He had found a church and was baptized again, so we hoped he was going to make it. I think he got back into drinking, so that was the beginning of his downward spiral.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Whenever I see those videos I don't see how they can identify anyone on them. Usually their not that well focused or at a good angle.

Keeping body parts crossed and saying prayers it's not difficult child.

((((hugs))))

DammitJanet

I hope its not him.

I always watch the news clips too. I look at the cars and try to see if any look like any of his friends cars, do the clothes look like his, does he wear his pants that way? Sigh.

Isnt it bad we even consider these things?