Think I'm making the stuff up now? Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay so not to beat a dead horse.....about the former job......

Tuesday the safety guy has a 'talk' with the bully about her behavior. He told me he was going to do this, and 'address' my concerns at that time. Hmmm okay. It was to be done in such a way that the things that I told him stayed in confidence. Okay, so things I told him were the intimidation of NOT ONLY myself but of four other former employees, breaking into my locker, throwing my personal belongings away when she knew they were mine, telling me to do things having me do them and then reporting me for doing wrong things, and waiting for me to say BUT YOU SAID...which I never did - I just sucked it up (to me it was baiting), screamed at me in front of everyone one day because I left a note for the manager to not deduct time off my check because I wasn't in the store. OK - from THAT??? She took it to mean SHE wasn't doing her job? Talk about a stretch - I'm a driver. Holy cats - she needs help. And now this set up - right? Right. OH and the poison comment. SO okay - whatever.

THAT VERY DAY.......Not ten minutes after he got done with his talk......She went out and screamed at a customer. SCREAMED so loudly apparently he heard her. What happened? Oh - he called the head office, and reported it. No immediate write up. No fire. No come here I want to talk to you-what was THAT about - just lah te dah - and that was the end of that.

So for me - everyone was running around telling me yesterday - OH BOY is she going to get it now. And I said - "I don't think so." By firing me - they gave her enormous power. She won. She got what she wanted. She is still continuing to do like she always has - and now? Everyone is SURE if they don't bow to her? They'll get fired too because she knows how to be sneaky and get the job done. Manipulative, devious....and weilds power. I told the boss - They just handed her the keys to YOUR store. Or rather HER store.

No one believes me, but then again - HEY what do I know. My suggestion was that since this was a witch hunt - and they HAVE POLICIES they MUST adhere to.....MUST ADHERE TO - for everyones safety (because what I did was very unsafe?????) Somehow screaming at a customer and intimidating people, running off business, and being a bully is okay and very safe.

I think I am glad I'm not there. I just think in a world where things should be what they preach? Fair would have been to let her go as well - after what I told them. She's a bully. But now? I'm going to see what someone else thinks of the whole thing. Apparently customers are VERY angry about me not being there. I just said - Que Se Rah Se Rah.....lol.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Fair... Would be everyone else in the store who has been bullied, and YOU, getting highly paid jobs and leaving her there ALONE, with NO CUSTOMERS. Or... With a BUNCH of nasty customers..........

I love you, Starbie. Sheesh, they are shooting themself not in the foot, but in the head!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I just got my T shirt finished to wear when I go Friday to shop in the store.......since I was fired on Ash Wednesday?

Wait for it.........

Wait for it.......

I Gave up my JOB for Lent......

Huh? Huh? Groan..........Okay me and the Lord thought it was funny. Snort....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
One would think that all of these policies being in place means that someone (or more) evidently has pulled the same routine as miss bully. This is how such policy comes about.

I admit I have no clue how this organization is run. If it were a typical business, my guess would be that bully either has family higher up the ladder, or has some rather big secret about someone higher up that is keeping her job in tact. Something or rather someone is keeping her job secure when she is blatantly breaking the rules she is supposed to be enforcing.

Because otherwise it simply does not make sense. Sure what you did was wrong, blah blah blah. Fine. But bully not only told you to do things that were wrong, she also stood by and watched you do it without stopping you or reminding you it was wrong. So whether she told you to do something or not is actually irrelevant, regardless she failed to follow policy herself multiple times. Not only the junk with that but you have the actual harassment junk, the pretending you threatened to poison her idiocy, and now she's run off customers.

Oh yeah, someone knows someone. It's mighty fishy to me.

Wonder if you can do anything about that harassment on the job deal.........might be worth it to stir up the fire and might get rid of her so no one else has to put up with her anymore.

Now if it were me?? I'd walk into that store every darn day after job hunting and shop very very very very slowly. :devil::winks:

N

Nomad

Hard to say for sure, but I think you were scapegoated.
There are LOTS of problems there. It's in the air. A head had to roll and a statement had to be made.
She has authority over you and perhaps for some unknown reason, something NOT expressed....she has additional hidden sway/power in that place.
I'm not that good with office politics....but it seems things are goofy, if not toxic in that place.
Put feelers out to find another job ASAP. Sending good thoughts.

As always...(((hugs)))

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I called the boss last night and said - ASK them since I'm fired if I can volunteer. I feel awful about them being short handed. She said she'd check. She also said she thought it was a great idea. I did get permission to shop, and I used to be in there every day for around 8 hours - so that's not unusual.

buddy

I didn't have to leave my last job, I did it to care for Q but the calls I was getting were irritating to them of course and to me too, I had to miss seeing my therapy kids due to all the Q drama. But there were other toxic things, people acting like kids and I am not one to join in the gossip so it put me on the outs. Problem was...some of the teachers actually were high school friends, and indeed our boss was MY former teacher so we had this immature history.

So, once I left...some of the less fortunate things kept going through my mind... I too didn't usually stand up for myself and would just feel like I didn't want to lower myself to all of that. Problem was then the boss only heard the gossip that was not true. So I went through those thoughts ...imagining various ways it could have been different etc. As time went on I realized I was being a WAY better mom, I could plan for and attend activities for myself and with him much more happily and I was more organized, etc...

When I see friends (I had a lot of friends there, far more great people and I LOVED my job and the kids) from that job I remember a little. They had asked me to work part time one year and because I felt so much better being out of that toxic stuff, I declined! (couldn't have pulled it off anyway due to the same home issues, but I could feel the relief of saying NO)

I hope as time goes on and you do not have these things replaying in your head (easy to say let go but it took me time and distance...and I really did force myself to think of other things).... I hope it can actually feel better to be without all of that negative stuff. I am so much nicer to everyone since leaving there... well at least I FEEL nicer no one ever complained (except Q he always complains I am a mean mom, LOL) but it feels natural to be kind and nice and not frustrated since leaving them. I wish that peace and internal good feeling for you too.

keista

I just got my T shirt finished to wear when I go Friday to shop in the store.......since I was fired on Ash Wednesday?

Wait for it.........

Wait for it.......

I Gave up my JOB for Lent......

Huh? Huh? Groan..........Okay me and the Lord thought it was funny. Snort....

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::beautifulthing:

TerryJ2

OMG, she is a piece of work!
She must be related to someone or sleeping with-someone. Screaming at a customer is totally, totally wrong.
You've got a big heart, Star. That's all I've got to say.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I had NEVER considered
a.) she is related to someone
b.) she is sleeping with someone
or like df said....
wait for it
wait for it
c.) She has pictures/knowledge of someone in a very unflaaaaaaaaaaaattering situation. (OMG!) Oh thats not so funny hhuh? okay,,,,,okay - add the barnyard animal noise...NOW is it funny?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........She does have a civil rights law suit on state record. Interesting. Wonder if I drove down to the courts if I could see that??

H

HaoZi

Maybe you should work for the competition and take and the best workers with you ;) I'd seriously LMAO if everyone else called in with the "flu" on the same day in protest. She'd lose her mind.

donna723

I still think she saw you as a rival, felt threatened by you, and decided that you had to go! She felt like you posed a threat to her position and would make her look bad! And sometimes I think that management is also a little afraid of these ego-inflated bullies too and are afraid to cross them. So they get away with murder and they continue to bully and intimidate good employees in to leaving, one way or the other. It's all a power trip for them.

And Star, you know I love you, and it's very admirable that you felt like this woman should be pitied since she's obviously such a miserable person. You're a better person than I am to see it that way! But ya know, sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself and kick butt! In this case, you had nothing to lose! When I was contending with my own personal bully (the "sacred cow of the accounting dept.") I found out that standing up to her was the only way to get her to back off! She wasn't used to that and it threw her totally off balance! It didn't take long before she left me alone and the snarky comments stopped. Of course the behind the scenes back-stabbing probably kept on but at least they were aware of what was going on so it didn't do her much good. But in my case I had Civil Service regulations behind me, I had documented every word she said to me for years, and I knew just exactly how far I could go. And you know what happened? A year and a half after I left, they seem to finally have caught on to her! Karma has finally got her! I was talking to a former co-worker yesterday who told me that the "sacred cows" office had been moved out to the furthest corner of our warehouse where she will only have contact with a few people ... I do feel sorry for them because they're all friends of mine, but for the rest, it will be a huge morale boost to get rid of her! Hard to pull her power trip from a dusty corner of the warehouse! And since she's now a quarter of a mile away in a different building, her days of being second in charge when the boss is not there are over! I'm only sorry that I wasn't there so see it! But sooner or later it catches up with them all!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I was thinking that she has blackmail donkey pictures from Tijuana (snort).

Suz

klmno

Something must be going on behind the scenes with her that you aren't privy to. Try to put is behind you as quickly as you can. It's better to be unemployed but looking for a job than to be there having a stroke or killing her because you can't take it anymore and I don't think she's going to stop those ways either.

mstang67chic

Going Green
My only advice at this point....anything legal anyway....is when you shop there? No jacket, no bag, no anything. Nothing that off her rocker can point to and say "She just stuffed 14 toy donkeys in her purse, ARREST HER!"

Status
Not open for further replies.