Think of me this weekend!

toughlovin

So are in The state my son is and where I grew up. He asked us to come visit so we will be visiting him this weekend, I am both excited and nervous. It seems like he is doing ok and he is not good at pretending to do well when he is not. But this visit will give a real life sense of how he is doing. I just hope I am not disappointed....and I want to not let him get to me if he is a jerk.....and stay detached from his journey whatever it is. As we say no matter what it's not my monkey, not my circus!

TL

looneytoonmom

So are in The state my son is and where I grew up. He asked us to come visit so we will be visiting him this weekend, I am both excited and nervous. It seems like he is doing ok and he is not good at pretending to do well when he is not. But this visit will give a real life sense of how he is doing. I just hope I am not disappointed....and I want to not let him get to me if he is a jerk.....and stay detached from his journey whatever it is. As we say no matter what it's not my monkey, not my circus!

TL
I wish you the best,and will say a prayer for you.

stressedmama

Enjoy your time being back in your home town. Hoping things go smoothly for you. Just remember, whatever happens, you're going back home and leaving it all behind at the end of the weekend.

Safe travels!

Nancy

Good thoughts to you this weekend TL. If he asked you to visit hopefully that means he really wants to see you and the visit will go well. I'm anxious to hear how it goes. In the meantime enjoy your visit back home.

toughlovin

Well we are here at the hotel nearby. I was secretly worried we would get here and he would blow us off....but he texted this morning and is texting about time etc. so that is all good.

TL

looneytoonmom

Well we are here at the hotel nearby. I was secretly worried we would get here and he would blow us off....but he texted this morning and is texting about time etc. so that is all good.

TL
Saying a Prayer for you that all goes well,it may sound odd,but I try and remember God is with me,in situations like this,he's with you too.:angel:

TL

toughlovin

Had a very nice dinner with difficult child and his girlfriend. I really like her. difficult child really loves his job and seems to be doing well....I think he is happier than he has been in a long time. He did order a beer at dinner and I didn't bat an eye...so who knows maybe he can drink moderately. Anyway so far so good.

Calamity Jane

Wonderful on all levels, TL. Hope you continue to enjoy your visit. I'm so happy about your son. girlfriend sounds nice. I hope things keep getting better and better!

toughlovin

Another really nice day with difficult child and his girlfriend. I had some time alone with his girlfriend and I really like her a lot. I don't think she is a difficult child..of course I don't really know. But she is smart, seems to really get difficult child and I like how they interact with each other. I think she is really good for him. He seems happier than I have seen him and our interactions have been very warm and affectionate. So for today it all feels really good!

Childofmine

one day at a time
So glad some good things are happening and you are able to witness them, bask in them and relish them. enjoy it all, every second of it.