Thinking of you Linda and your day

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by mum2JK&TH, Dec 26, 2007.

1. mum2JK&TH

mum2JK&TH New Member

I hope all went well for kt and wm today :smile:

2. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Thank you very much Christine. The small lunch & gift opening went well. As the tweedles were so hyped we opted to skip the "meal" portion & have a few snacks while gifts were opened.

Tdocs made kt & wm hand out gifts to husband & myself first & watch while we opened & enjoyed them. The most exciting gift was a card made by kt & wm together. The tdocs took pictures of them working together (appropriately & yet having fun) creating this card. The pictures became a part of this card. It's the most beautiful gift I've ever received. kt & wm also made snow globes with their pictures in them - again playing together safely. They will be proudly displayed all year long.

Of course, after that all heck broke loose as it should have. There were moments of the "twin zone" where no one could break into the zone of tweedle chaos. When things became "unhealthy" bordering on unsafe kt & wm were given one warning. They turned it around.

Attachment therapist took a family portrait, then some pictures of kt & wm playing together nicely.

We were together as a family for a total of 55 minutes (husband was timing - he's tracking the progress). It was a pleasant gathering.

kt struggled a bit last night but not to the level of the first visits & she didn't need a PRN medication. wm had issues at group home as well but he was easily distracted.

It was good - very good! :thumbsup:

3. Steely

Steely Active Member

:smile:
    Awesome!!! That is so wonderful! Baby steps are all we can ask for with these kids.

4. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Glad you got to see your kids together - THAT I'm sure was a memory to be cherished for a long time -

and I think - look how far this family has come - and it makes anyone smile! :smile:

Thanks for sharing Linda - hope you are feeling better every day!

Hugs
    Star

5. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

WooHoo!!!! I have been reading about you and your family and I am very happy that you got to spend time together as a whole. I bet the snow globes are beautiful. Enjoy!

6. Penta

Penta New Member

A Christmas to remember for all of you....wonderful!

7. mum2JK&TH

mum2JK&TH New Member

That's wonderful! Brought tears to my eyes. Sounds like little baby steps of progress are being made. I am so glad you have something to look at to remind you of this.

Merry Christmas Linda :smile:

8. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

9. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

What more can one say?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

10. jannie

jannie trying to survive....

Yeah !!! :bravo: And what thoughtful gifts !! I am happy for your family.

11. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Fantastic!!!!! I am so very happy, this is just wonderful!!!

Hugs,

Susie

12. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh Linda,

This just made my day! I'm so glad to hear the visit went so well :smile:

13. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

That is so good, I'm pleased the day went well. Every positive experience locks in progress for the next adventure together.

Marg

14. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

:gingerbread: That is wonderful news Linda!

What a great Christmas gift! Sounds like there is some progress. Perhaps things are going slowly, but they are moving forward. I'm very happy for you, husband, and the tweedles :snowman:.

Sharon

15. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

16. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

What a great Christmas gift :smile: