Thinks he can do anything?

Great point about very impulsive and grandiose. This sthread brough back memoies of difficult child: SHe would jummp off high pltform dive at age 2 before she could talk! She would jump off high dives at young age that teens would not do, she would jump off high slide. Last year she went parasailing. I also considered her a daredevil/risktaker. True?there is a lone it crosses off and on. My son is also adventurous and the difference is she never had and still does not have discretion/balance/judegment self-control Compassion

TerryJ2

Hmm. The most my son did was ride his trike down the hill, but my brother did that at the same age. He and my easy child used to get into sleeping bags and slide down the steps head first, but I've seen tons of kids do that. (We put a stop to it.)

My son has been terrified of rides and has had to get them stopped. I don't think huge risk-taking behavior is on his list.
I'm thinking it's impulsivity on his part. When he takes a risk, it's because he's rushing and impulsive, not because he thinks he's superhuman.
This thread is a good opportunity to explore this issue.
Thank you!