Third knee surgery in my immediate future...

KTMom91

My left knee's been bothering me for several weeks, but I just put on the brace and kept going. I was scheduled to work, and managed to keep it together during the day, but collapsed when I got home. The past three days were really bad, but I still went to the rodeo and the parade, but after the parade, I finally had to face facts.

I think I've torn the meniscus AGAIN. Haven't been able to sleep more than a couple of hours because I move, the pain wakes me, and I can't get back to sleep. Went to Urgent Care yesterday, got pain medications and a shot of Toradol, came home, had a bowl of cereal, and went to bed about 3 pm. Got up this morning at 11. Need to call my doctor in the morning for a referral to the ortho AGAIN, and get the surgery scheduled for late May, because I'm already scheduled for several days and I need the work.

Hubby says I need to have surgery soon, because we need to let the COBRA go. At least I can have the whole summer to recuperate, since I won't be working. No unemployment either, though, which is not good. I wonder if I could get disability?

M

ML

Definitely check out the disability. I'm sorry you're having to go through this again. Things have *got* to get better soon. Thinking healing, positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds painful as all get out. OUCH

It sure woudn't hurt to check into disability. The worse they can say is no.

Hope you heal up quickly.

((hugs))

DammitJanet

I think CA has a short term disability available. Only one of a handful of states.

Now..please tell me what your knee feels like? Pretty please! Wish you had posted this a few days ago so we could have compared knee notes...lol. Im heading to doctor this morning at 7!

KTMom91

I have an appointment with my primary care doctor Wed morning for the referral, the MRI order, and whatever else I can squeeze in there. I got my cane out, much as I hated to, but I never know when that stab of pain will hit, and I'm afraid of doing more damage if I fall.

I'm so tired of this I could just...spit.

DammitJanet

I have every type of assistance for mobility known to mankind except the scooter and I am going to push for that next. I have the quad cane, the walker, and the wheelchair. The cane is semi useful, the walker is useless for me because it is cumbersome to get in and out of the car, set it up then just push it. It has wheels and a seat but it isnt comfortable because they didnt order it in the large size to accommodate my size. So it pinches me. Ugh. I shouldnt have accepted it. Then the wheel chair is only useful if I am going out with someone with me because I cannot lift that thing in and out of the car and attach the foot pedals and then push myself. Least not for a long way.

Im getting a bit irked about this whole arthritis situation.

KTMom91

I also have a walker and a "transport chair," which requires that someone push me. My walker doesn't have wheels or a seat, and it was really useful after I broke my leg and fell off the crutches because it kept me relatively stable.

Now I'm waving the cane at the panther boys, trying to keep them from being underfoot while I walk.

DammitJanet

Tony wants a truck when my car is paid for and I am seriously thinking of trading mine in on say an 07 Tundra 4 door. I seriously dont think I can hook up one of those mobility scooter lifts to the back of a Focus but I have no doubt it could be done to a pickup. As long as we could seat 4 people in the truck its no problem. We just have to have room for Keyana and at least one more grandkid at a time.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well shoot! That's not good :( I'm really sorry to hear that, Mary. But if you're dropping the COBRA, definitely get this taken care of before you go off without the net. I hope you do qualify for disability.