Third time's a charm!

Wiped Out

Staff member
easy child/difficult child passed her driver's test today!! I was so hoping she would pass after failing her first two times. She tried to make it like it was no big deal when we went today. Said she was o.k. either way. Oh but you should have seen the smile on her face and in her voice as well!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Yay. Driving is such a great "carrot" for improving behavior.
Way To Go!!! easy child/difficult child. Hope she takes this step into adulthood and responsibility seriously.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I nailed the roadtest on the first try and did so in a stickshift car. It was kind of funny as the officer doing the test didn't know how to drive stickshift so couldn't really rate my proficiency beyond telling me I was so smooth she could've drank a cup of coffee while I was driving.

I had an advantage. I had a hardship temp at fourteen so I could drive my disabled dad around (Mum didn't drive back then), so I really had two years of experience by the time I took the test.

It was probably a good thing I didn't take my test in an automatic as I had a nasty tendency to jump on the brake pedal with both feet in emergency stopping situations (As opposed to hitting both the clutch and the brake. I drive an auto these days due to bad knees, but still prefer to drive a manual)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone-now if we can just get her to take the car by herself once. She hasn't wanted to drive since she passed.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: That's pretty funny to hear she's gunshy now!

This is the big carrot for my difficult child 1 now, too. He'll be 16 in two more weeks and I've been reminding him that if he wants to get his permit, he has to work on his maturity and keep his grades up this first semester. He saw that friends of his got their permits last year (he could have, too, had I allowed it) and now they are all driving. Either way, it's a win for me. If he earns the privilege, that means I've gotten a semester of peace and fewer headaches from him. If he doesn't measure up, I save all that insurance money!