This 17yr old kid kicked my bootie today

Abbey

Spork Queen
My gosh...I'm exhausted after only 3 hours of work. I have to bow down and give him his due. He says he likes working in the bakery department because he doesn't have someone telling him what to do. Well??? You seemed to find it quite handy to tell ME what to do.

I'm supposed to sweep and then mop the floor. I swear to God this hasn't been done in a decade. It's disgusting. He asked me to clean off the bakery racks when you turn down for the night. Ummm...do you have a rag or something? No..I just use my hand. Ok.... Then I go to put on a glove and he says, oh...you don't need that because you're not touching food.

DID YOU WATCH THE VIDEO THAT I SUFFERED THROUGH?:mad:

Someone tape my mouth shut so I can make day 2.

Abbey

everywoman

Sending a roll of super duty duct tape. 17 year olds---ugh. I'm so ready for summer so I don't have to deal with their "I know everything attitude" for a few months.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
*cough, choke*

I don't think I'll be eating at a bakery that doesn't wash their racks after use. ewwww

Chum up to him.......(he probably thinks you're gonna bump him out of his spot)......You know, the kill em with kindness routine. Won't be easy with a 17 yr old male, though.

Didn't you get to bake anything??

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tell him if he usurps his authority tomorrow he's going to be uslurping his carcas out of the floor drain.....

Maybe he's an annoying little frosting queen that hides and shirks the responsibilities of the rest of the grocery world by skipping over bag boy and going straight to cup cakes. He sounds like a front line "desserter" (get that cake girl) to me. Either way - if he's mean to you tomorrow I'd put frosting in his coat pocket.

Abbey

Spork Queen
He wasn't mean at all...just a work horse. The last shift of the day basically preps for the baking crew for early morning so it was a LOT of rearranging, supposed cleaning, etc. I must have put at least 100 baking pans through their ancient washer.

It was just such a shock to see how filthy that dept was after coming from my last store. That place was spotless. Even the stock room was spotless. When I saw this kid leave a broom and dustpan on the butcher block table THAT THEY BAKE ON while he helped a customer...I nearly died.

But, I'll be a good Abbey and keep my mouth shut for a few shifts.:mad:

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
I *can* be good. Really. Like right now, I have good nails for the first time in years. Does that count?

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
He might actually end up being fun after a few shifts?
I always had fun working with the kids.

He may lighten up once he realizes how cool you are?
Maybe he is afraid of the "grown up".
Just knock him around a bit after a few shifts.
Show him some of your moves while mopping, whip our some of those songs... a few jokes.
When I was 20 I gravitated to my elders when I worked at a toy store in SFO.
I loved them and had the best time!
I even ended up doing some bad stuff with a few of them! ;) Nothing dirty!