This can be a difficult day...

LittleDudesMom

For many on this site, Mother's Day brings mixed feelings. Many have unfufilled dreams and expectations, others feel loss and frustration.

But, we are who we are and life is what it is. Acceptance is the first step towards living.

From my mom's heart to yours, Happy Mother's Day :mothers_day:

No matter where you find yourself this day, you are a mom and deserve recognition and thanks.

For all the moms of difficult children, you are appreciated - thanks for all you do. :moms_day:

Sharon

Scent of Cedar *

Thank you!

:O)

That reached right into some hurt little place where somehow, I believed I deserved what this is. Between the situation with my own mother and my kids and the lack of tradition and the awkwardness of figuring out what to think about today or where we've been or where we're going and how to look at all that ~ whew!

I wish you, and all of us, a day when we can appreciate that we've fought the good fight ~ sometimes, against what seem to be insurmountable odds.

There is love at the heart of it, even in the regret of it or the loss of it or the picture that doesn't look like we wanted it to.

That is what matters.

It is easy to forget to celebrate that loving we feel, or to remember what we've faced and come out the other side of with goodwill still at the heart of us ~ all of us. Even our kids. That is what they say, you know. Once the kids stop using, every good thing we brought them up to believe is still there, right there, where they can access and believe in it.

So that's pretty special.

Cedar