This could be a long winter break!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I have so been looking forward to winter break. The last 3 weeks have been exhausting as we've had to be out of town the last 3 weekends (two of them helping Mom pack for her move-another post in itself). However, difficult child is so ramped up and has been spewing hate everywhere. He gets so excited over Christmas that he is obsessed (which I can understand to a point); it also appears to be making him somewhat manic. He is waking up at very early hours and bothering us every 15 minutes or so.

Last night gave me horrible flashbacks. He found an old crystal growing set he never used and was obsessed with using it last night. When I read the materials needed there were several things we didn't have. According to him I was trying to ruin his fun. He hates me, wishes I was dead (and in a body bag). In addition he was swearing and making nasty comments under his breath to me for quite awhile. This, however, was what sent me over the edge, he stuck his foot out to trip me as I walked by. Luckily I did not fall (stumbled a bit) but I told him he had better go to his room and that if he thought he was going to start this stuff again he would not be spending Christmas at home because I would be calling the police.

Merry Christmas-not!

All I want is a peaceful break; I've been looking forward to today being a pajama day-relaxing, napping, reading, watching Christmas movies and already he had us awake at 5:00 and been crabby. Ugh!

Liahona

I am so sorry. :( Hope he pulls himself together and you don't have to call the cops. At least you have a crisis plan in place. Ugh. Vacations and holidays are very hard for difficult children. ( and us ) I'm in the same boat. We've seen behavior from difficult child 1 I haven't seen in a long time.

pasajes4

The holidays are very stressful for most people. For those of us who are raising difficult children it can be a nightmare. Too much down time and unreasonable expectations that our difficult children experience can spell a miserable holiday for everyone.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Ladies! He has definitely calmed down some. This is really a difficult time of the year. The excitement for him is over the top. He is already asking me if he should take his medicine. He wants to fall asleep so he can wake up early.

Bunny

Oh, I know how that goes. difficult child has been up long before the sun for the past few days because has been so excited about Christmas. I hope things smooth out for you and that the break is not a horror show.

C

Confused

So sorry he had said that he wished you were dead :( The Holidays are something and can make things even worse I guess. I am glad he's doing better again- hugs