This Illness Stuff Has Gotta Stop

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Evidently this is a strand of virus different than the one everyone had last week. (oh the joy!)

Nichole woke at 6am this morning and couldn't stop vomiting. Her boyfriend is having the same problem, as well as the diarrhea. (his hit on the way to work last night) Aubrey started throwing up again this morning too.:sad-very:

As if that isn't enough, the animals are acting sick too. Betsy has been throwing up. And Molly has diarrhea so bad she hasn't been able to make it outside. The last time Molly had an accident in the house was when she was a very young pup, about 8 yrs ago.

Bad? Wait, it gets worse.....

The cats are at it too. Not vomiting or diarrhea, just crapping all over the place. WTF?

I'll check the litter box and make sure it's clean. But if they do it again, outside they go. As for the dogs, at the moment they're outside despite the rain. (they have two huge playhouses for shelter) It's 43 degrees outside and gonna be sunny later and up to 52.

Now today I have an English class at 1:30pm. I was gonna go cuz I missed thursday due to being sick, and we have a paper due (first draft). But with all this hitting me this morning, you won't believe the amount of cleaning I now have, my house literally reeks. And I'm the only one at the moment well enough to clean it. So I've decided to skip class today. The darn bug is probably gonna hit me too shortly, anyway. And I'll clean and write the darn paper til it does.

The past several days have been pure h ell.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I know it seems crazy, but wrap everyone up nice and warm and then open ALL your windows for at LEAST 15 minutes to air out the germs. Keep the house cooler than normal. Clear our all litter boxes and clean the house from top to bottom with a bleach/anti-viral solution. All doorknobs, handles, toilets, sinks, tubs, corners of walls, kitchen appliances and handles. Use paper towels and paper products as much as you can to avoid recontamination. Strip all the beds and wash in HOT water. Vacuum all furniture and remove all covers and wash them also. You need to sterilize your house. When there is a bug going around it will look different in each person and can sometimes take up to 7-9 days to reappear (as a new bug). Instead of antibacterial soaps, just use regular soaps and make sure everyone washes constantly. Spray the toilet and handles and doorknobs with Lysol disinfectant spray after each bathroom use.

Your dogs may have contracted giarrdeah, which is hideous diarhea and needs antibiotics.

Oh my goodness, I hope you're all on the mend real soon. I hate when we get hit like that. And I am a germaphobe, can you tell? I air out the house every day, all winter.

F

flutterbee

People and animals don't generally share viruses. I'd be talking to the doctor to see what's going around that can be passed from animals to people and vice versa. That's a bit disconcerting.

In the meantime, keep everyone hydrated. Ice chips if they can't keep anything down. Pinch the skin on the hand every so often and if it doesn't bounce right back, it's a sign of dehydration.

(((hugs)))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

I don't think the animals have an actual virus. Betsy ate something outside the yesterday that didn't agree with her. Which she does from time to time. She's not the brightest bulb in the box. lol Molly snuck a bone from a pork chop last night that had BBQ sauce on it. I think that's what triggered the diarrhea. I was in bed upstairs when she had her accidents, so she had no way of telling me she needed to go out.

As for the cats, well the litter box I think is the culprit. It was REALLY full. Due to the chaos we obviously haven't thought to clean it. (I know I haven't)

But I will keep a close watch and run them into the vet if it does seem to be an actual illness.

Honestly, I think the animals were just some major bad timing. Because both Molly and Betsy were playing in the back yard with the ball. And the cats aren't acting sick in the least bit.

Now off to scrub the kitchen floor with Lysol....... and throw in yet another load of laundry.

Hugs

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Molly snuck a bone from a pork chop last night that had BBQ sauce on it. I think that's what triggered the diarrhea. I was in bed upstairs when she had her accidents, so she had no way of telling me she needed to go out.

Ew yeah, pork usually triggers diarrhea for sure.

Feel better vibes being sent to your house~

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh my! Sending good healing vibes your way! Seriously hope you miss out on the fun of actually getting this virus and that everyone else heals quickly:ill: