This is bad. (Not really)

Abbey

Spork Queen
It's all of about 55 degrees here and raining...and I'm freezing. I DON'T LIKE COLD!!!

I got my day 71 call today. I can't even type the response I had as every other word would be sensored.

Bring on the 100's. I'm ready. I'm sitting here in one of three sets of clothes which consist of a mini skirt and t-top. That is the warmest. What was I thinking? Okay...I wasn't thinking.:angry-very:

I want to be a bear and snuggle up in my inflatable bed until Spring.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well you know I'm all for scaring the absolute damnation out of the neighbors so put me down for another naked streaker.

Was that? Looka dat looka dat - oh yes they call her the streak!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like you're due for a new wardrobe Abbey. brrrrrr.

But after the mid 90's and high humidity we've had for the past couple of days, I'd likely love 57 degrees.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
...uh.....Abbey.......psssstttttttttttttttt......

....you're in WISCONSIN now!

Get out the long johns!:frostbite::blizzard::coldday:

Suz

Andy

And purchase a winter coat now - they seem to be pulled from the shelves as soon as they are really needed. Why can't businesses realize they might make more money if the product was actually available when it was needed and not three to six months earlier? (You can buy swimsuits in April when the lakes are still frozen but try looking for a replacement one in July.)

Look at the airconditioning device - you may see that one side says "heat", that is how you heat the house. Set the thermostat like you would for airconditioning and if it is turned to heater than you will soon warm up. LOL (sorry, you are just so much fun to tease!)

We will get you through this. It could be worse - you could be living with the penguins. My sister in law and brother in law toured some penguin colonies where the warmest it EVER gets was 30 degrees F.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey,
Sorry I'm rofl! The sad part is I'm about an hour south of you and am freezing today too-but I should be used to it. husband just said he wished it was Saturday, he would build a fire! I think the rain is making it even colder!

mstang67chic

Going Green
55? Heck, I've been known to wear shorts when it's 55. Granted that would be in January or February but still! LOL

That would hoover though. 55 right now just ain't right! You definately need to go shopping. Get a coat now and get one as long as you can find. (at least past your hiney) Also, get one that fits somewhat loose. You'll have room for bulky clothes under it without cutting off the circulation to your arms and shoulders. Oh and a hood is a must...one that ties. Even with a hat. Come winter, you'll also want to do layers as much as possible. Thickly lined water proof gloves, scarf, hat.......get the works. And spend the money to get good snowboots.

You might also want to keep extra stuff in the car just in case. (Just keep in mind....this is stuff to have in case you're stranded. Chances are you won't ever need it but it can literally be a life saver if you ever do) Besides extra clothes, a good emergency kit for the car in winter includes: blanket, a few candles, large coffee can to set the candles in (light the candle and drip some wax in the bottom of the can to anchor the candle), matches, some of those chemical pocket hand warmers, a bag of cat litter (in case you get stuck and your tires spin....use it for traction), small shovel, flashlight (preferably the crank kind), jumper cables, first aid kit, energy bars...um...oh and a metal cup to use to melt snow for water (melt it over the candle).

I think that should cover it. Unless anyone can think of anything I missed.

Yep.....you're going to have sooooooo much fun this winter!!! And as an added bonus.........so will we!!! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!

Andy

You will find you have as much control or even less over the weather as you do a difficult child. Creative thinking will do well.

witzend

It's getting autumny here. I don't think that my corn or tomatoes will ripen. :(

Abbey, might I suggest that along with that coat you buy a snow shovel? Unless father in law is going to do all of that for you, too? :raspberry:

I don't know what you were thinking, not stopping by at a Goodwill or hockshop in Vegas to pick up someone's fur coat that they didn't need anymore before you moved north! Last I checked, Wisconsin was kind of "up there" in the middle. It gets cold "up there" in the middle.

mstang67chic

Going Green
And duh.............a good ice scraper. The long kind with a brush on one end and the scraper on the other. Also, lock deicer....just don't keep it in your car!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah. Warm you up in a cold kind of way? Hmmm??? I wasn't born yesterday, sister. Actually, it was 1961 in South Dakota, but who is counting numbers.

The guy training me to be a manager was born in 1985. (Had to do the whole alcohol/ID check thingy many times.) I wanted to slap him. 1985? I had graduated from college and had been teaching already 4 years and had a child and another on the way. Now I'm getting trained by this kid? :angrydude: To give him credit, he is pretty darn good. "My pleasure," is the standard reply. Not have a good night, it was great seeing you, have a great day...it has to be "my pleasure." Do these corporate people have some sort of a life? I WANT THAT JOB!!!

I'd like to sit in some comfy office ane make stupid demands like this for people you don't even know or will ever know. Actually, I wouldn't like that job. I'd probably spork myself to death.

Ok. Enough of midnight chant.

Abbey

KTMom91

It's been around 100 here, too. And I hate the heat. I need to find a nice little affordable corner of the world where the temp stays between 60 and 85 year round.

F

flutterbee

I wouldn't want it either. I'd spork myself to death, too. It would probably be more fun to stick hot needles in my eyes than do that job.

That used to be my joke when I worked for the city. I'd ask my cube-mate for hot needles. It became a running joke in the office.

And, yes, it does warm you up. As well as take out your back, make your lungs hurt, and just wear you out for the rest of the day. But...at least you'll be warm. :tongue: