this is funny

Jena

i referred to my daughter as a difficult child on the phone today with the nurse. she was like umm what? what is a difficult child?? i said "how's difficult child doing, is she still in bed?"

clearly i'm spending way too much time in here. hopefully all of you will get a break from my ramblings soon :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Rofl-I've done things like that-even used the term psychiatrist and therapist with people who have no idea what I'm talking about.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have done it too!! After I explain what a difficult child is, I have found that some people really like the term and use it themselves. H uses it, my nephew (difficult child also) uses it and I even got my regular doctor to use it! Hahaha.

KTMom91

When filling out prayer cards at church, I've written things like "please pray for So-and-So's difficult child, he's not doing well in the psychiatric hospital, diagnosis is..." Finally, our children's pastor asked me for the definitions, so he translates during staff meetings (where they really do pray over each and every request!)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ummm I dunno about the rest of you but after 10 plus years on this board this has just become a part of my "normal" language. Often I have to explain.........and usually the people I'm explaining to not only find it interesting but wind up using the terms as well. lol

I know I use the terms alot because my kids do too. We don't even think about it anymore. lol

P

PatriotsGirl

I just had to add that I called difficult child by "difficult child" yesterday and my husband was like, what is a difficult child??? He cracked up when I told him...he couldn't believe we had these acronyms.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yep - know exactly what you're talking about.

I've started using: koi, difficult child, Residential Treatment Center (RTC), psychiatrist, diagnosis, Know what I mean?, because, on the other hand, husband... I have H and E calling each other - H and E - instead of their names, husband knows who I am talking about when I say husband - and Onyxx is the one who suggested her name (though only one "X". Jett came about because - well, jet and onyx...)

My father adores "BM" for biomom.

Although I'm starting to think, after one of my posts with B, E, H, K, R and husband in it, I need to just find names for these people, since I talk about them a lot. Sigh.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm still having nightmares about the FB one.........:bag: only to discover it was...........Face Book.