This is going a little too far

trinityroyal

Have they lost their ever-lovin' minds??!!
Honestly...

Does it strike any of you that when political correctness veers in such a bizarre direction, it's because the people implementing the policy have dirty minds?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well if it were Santa talking to MY kid in regards of getting presents?

Santa could say NO NO NO be politically correct and just plain old correct.

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb

KFld

I saw that myself today and I could not believe it. It doesn't get any more rediculous then that!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It doesn't get any more rediculous then that!!! </div></div>

You think so??

There is a huge campain to change Santa's IMAGE. They want Santa to be SKINNY!! Say it will promote a "healthier image to children".

How stupid. Now, I've yet to hear a single child say they want to grow up to LOOK like Santa. :rolleyes:

The idiots are running loose.

4sumrzn

Oh my gosh....I read about that this morning & was :nonono: and NOW the skinny Santa???? :thumbsdown: That's WRONG!

F

flutterbee

Let's not worry about hunger, health insurance, the war, the economy, gas prices, the climate....

Instead, let's focus on Santa.

:crazy:

Marguerite

This was released as a non-story in Australia a couple of days ago. By 'non-story' I mean that they announced the problem AND the response, which was "forget it, we agree it's crazy and it's all been retracted".

Whoever-it-was who was telling Santas to not say, "ho, ho, ho" had backtracked and said it was not going to be continued with. They weren't even clear about where the instruction had come from. And using 'ho' in that sense - it just doesn't happen in Australia.

Marg

K

Kjs

Daisylover said:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've yet to hear a single child say they want to grow up to LOOK like Santa.</div></div>

:rofl: :rofl:

The whole thing is so stupid.

The real word isn't even HO. the offensive word is pronounced, as we all know, to rhyme with store.

Santa does not say "Hore-hore-hore".

AND, if he were skinny, he'd say "tee-hee".

K

Kjs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Santa does not say "Hore-hore-hore".</div></div>

:rofl: you guys are too much!

Marguerite

Maybe someone thought it was insulting to farmers? You know, "hoe, hoe, hoe"... especially with so many of them going broke due to the drought.

Anyway, it's not an issue any more, it got howled down by store Santas, parents, politicians - everybody.

And one store Santa summed it up well - "I just say to them, 'What do you want for Christmas?' The whole costume thing scares them far more than a 'ho, ho, ho.'"

I'm so glad we're past this stage now. Although grandchildren may not be far away... still, I think we get a few years' respite.

Marg

TerryJ2

And using 'ho' in that sense - it just doesn't happen in Australia.

I wonder if the media added their own twist?