This is Interesting

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child and family and I were out doing some shopping today. Guess who we see along the side of the road? M and katie.

Once I got over my initial shock that katie was actually walking somewhere (and quite a fair distance I might add), it suddenly hit me that they didn't have the kids with them. The kids are still on xmas break folks. There is no way in hades they could've possibly left Kayla in care of the boys (and they know it) as they wouldn't have an apartment when they got back. Plus her neighbors would report her for it. They're big on that in that complex.

I supposed it's possible a neighbor is watching the kids. But I have some serious doubts about that given the kids normal difficult child behaviors. And it's a warm day outside, so why not bring the kids along? If nothing else it would wear them out.

PLUS they bought a ton of stuff, when at this point in the month katie is always flat broke. (she has 6 days until disability comes in for Alex) We saw them heading into the shopping center to shop.........then caught them walking home later with the stuff they bought.

I find it interesting, like I said.

I won't let myself believe they've lost custody of the kids unless I have something tangible to base it on. But it's looking like it might be a possibility. Why? Because they don't go anywhere without at least one kid in tow if they're shopping. The kids won't stand for it, they'll throw a major difficult child meltdown and their parents always give in. That is so out of character that my mouth was hanging open. Katie and M actually don't like other people watching the kids, I mean, gee you don't know what sort of secrets might get spilled that way. Know what I mean??

I pray they've lost custody. It would be the best xmas present in the world for those 3 kids.

exhausted

HD,
Wouldn't the officials call you to ask if you would take them? I'm sorry you have to speculate and things can't be on talking terms.

InsaneCdn

Exhausted...
Katie is HD's step-daughter. So, technically, no legal relationship. HD would be the last to know.
In theory, officials should have called Katie's sisters... IF that's what is going on.
And if the sisters knew anything... HD would also.

I hate these kinds of mystery stories!

{{hugs}}, Lisa.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'd rather not think about where the money is coming from if they've lost the kids. But unfortunately I have some rather strong and disgusting suspicions. Not to mention I wouldn't put much past them for getting cash. They survived for 3 months literally on the street with no cash in St. Louis.

exhausted.....I dunno. One would think, but I have to remember that I don't actually have a blood tie to either katie or her children. So in the eyes of officials I'm not "a relative". As for my girls....they haven't heard anything.

buddy

Sorry Hound, can her sisters call the county and find out in any way? I suppose not but.... I wish you could just KNOW but it must be really hard to let it go.

HUGS

DDD

I'm not suggesting it but I am curious. What would have happened if you all had gone to pay the kids a visit, knowing the parents weren't there? The dynamics are so strange that I often sit here just shaking my head and wondering. Hugs DDD

donna723

Well, I suppose that you could always stake out the school bus stop again and see if the kids are there. It does seem like they would have at least called one of your girls if the kids had been taken in to the foster care system. I thought their goal was to place children with a relative if at all possible instead of with a foster family.

JJJ

They can only call her sisters if the caseworker knows that there are sisters. K & M may have told DCFS that they are orphaned, only children. They could explain away the kids talking about "aunts" and "grandma" as being just friends and not real relatives.

rejectedmom

Very curious indeed. Maybe you could call DSS and tell them that you saw the parents without the kids and given their history yu are concerned. k them if they can at the very least tell you that the kids are safe. I am so sorry for the turmoil this must be causing you.

H

HaoZi

I had the same question as DDD. Maybe they did decide Kayla is old enough to watch the boys. I'd have been tempted to try to check before they got home.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's not causing turmoil because we're not allowing it to. There is one thing to be said for having been down this road with Kaite before, we've already been there done that and frankly it's just not making us all that emotional. We worry about the kids, but I've been doing that for 11 yrs, it's nothing new. As easy child said in a fairly recent email to katie, she's only punishing herself and most of all the kids. For us we're pretty much back at what was the status before she got back into contact with us. We're used to that, we did it for 6 yrs.

I dunno if the girls want to try to ask cps if they have an open case or not. Guess I can ask them. But I know I won't be given any info due to the fact that I'm technically not blood related........and I've dealt with those caseworkers several times before. Now that husband is gone, it's a whole different ballgame. Although I don't know if they'd give such info out to the girls either, hard to tell. If they are in custody they *might* due to the fact that we have far far too many foster kids and no where near enough foster parents to house them......so they might jump at a possible chance to place them with family.

Just struck me as really odd to see them without the kids. In all the time they've been here I've never known them to go anywhere together without the kids in tow. Separately yes, but not together. IF they got a neighbor to watch them, I bet said neighbor won't do it twice. They're not easy to watch even when you love them. And they were gone for hours. I know how long it takes to walk to where we saw them, and I know what time it was when we saw them at the same place heading back. Not a short span of time let me tell you.

We're a small town, for pete's sake, it's really hard to avoid people in a small town. Evidently katie and M have as yet to figure that one out.