This is so sweet....

donna723

mstang, check this out ... http://www.elephants.com/

The Elephant Sanctuary in Hohenwald, TN is just about 18 miles from where I live! It's a FANTASTIC place, run entirely on donations. It's way out in the country and not open to the public. They take 'retired' elephants from circuses or carnivals, those that have been abused or mistreated, and let them live out their lives roaming around and living free in the company of other elephants, the way they were supposed to. They are very well fed and cared for and have a heated barn they can go in to when it's cold. The same vet that takes care of my dogs also volunteers his services at the Sanctuary, so now he takes care of dogs, cats, horses, cows ... and ELEPHANTS!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ok that does it. I'm coming for a visit and I WANNA SEE THE ELEPHANTS! I don't even have to get close. Just give me a spot with a clear view and I'll park my chair there till I'm done.

Poor Ned! I'm so glad they have him there! I watched the video and the poor thing looked like he was watching the people while he ate to see if they were going to take it from him.

donna723

Isn't that sad? The first time I saw the part where he came out of the trailer and was looking around and then started to eat, I cried and cried! The poor thing must think he's in elephant heaven!

Somewhere on the Sanctuary website there's a place where you can watch them on streaming video cameras they have set up.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Have I ever mentioned that I have a "thing" for elephants? Almost as bad as my "thing" for otters. Which is worse that my hang up over other animals. They are where I want to camp out at the zoo. lol

Loved the elephant and the dog. Teared up with that one. Bawled at poor Ned. OMG How could someone possibly be soooo cruel?? I mean c'mon! You could see his bones! They'd better be glad I'm not on that jury. grrrrr

donna723

I LOVE elephants too! And I have always had this huge attraction to polar bears ... I have no idea why, I just love them!