THIS is strange...

Chaosuncontained

Ever since Carson moved in with me and his StepDad two years ago full time (joint custody w ex prior to that), I've had issues with
our backwards podunk school/principal. Wellll...in the last 2 weeks he was either fired or quit. The rumors swing both ways. My heart isn't broken that he's gone. But he *may* have been a little more approachable and not so abrasive during hiqs numerous calls to my house. So now I have to look forward to "training" another Principal on Carson and his "issues". On what PDDNOS is. Argh.... One thing though:

O

Monday, someone decided that the 4th grade aide (who was 19 and seemed like a sullen teenager) has been reolaced with an older woman with patience and experience. The last two days she has been able to help his self esteem and to motivate him enough to get his work done!!! A teacher told me today that it was his best day EVER! I just wish we could have gotten this aide 6 months ago. I feel like we are putting in a star quarterback wirh 5 minutes left in a losing game.

Excuse typos. Im on my cell phone. Laptop passed away.

keista

YAY! Sounds like things are looking up. "Better late than never", and "take whatever you can get". Wish we didn't have to live by these, but hey, "it's better than nothing!" :sochildish: think I can make a whole post using only cliches?

buddy

Start sending this woman treats and coupons and gift cards NOW then if she gets any say in who she is with next year maybe it will be Carson! I mean reducing transitions is really good and here we are...looking right in the face of strong evidence that who he is with makes the world of difference! I hope they can keep her.

TerryJ2

I'm with-Buddy--get this woman on your side! Get her to stay forever. Way To Go!
Sorry about the principal. Sounds like he needed to go, no matter what.

B

Bunny

Can you request that this aide be placed with your son for the next school year? I would do what I could to make sure that either she, or someone just like her, was by his side in September.

I'm glad that she has helped him so much. I know what you mean about wishing that they had made this change months ago.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'm glad that this change came for you. It's always a good thing that we find something or someone that helps our kids. Hopefully it continues and that you can have it ongoing in the future as well.