This is TOUGH.......

DenitaS

So, the hospital called yesterday and asked what I thought about a 72 hour hold and I told them that we had done that before and it hadn't helped and that I believed she needed to stay longer. So, my understanding is, they are going to keep her for 1 - 2 weeks. We talked to her last night and she was crying saying that she wanted to come home and she missed the baby. In the next breath she was telling me if I kept her there longer when she does get out she wasn't going to speak to me!! Sometimes, I just don't know what the right thing to do is. Her counselor agreed that 72 hours is not enough. I am supposed to have a teleconference Monday to meet with her hospital team and I guess we will go from there.
Anyone else been here?????

Andy

I am so sorry! She is speaking out of fear. She doesn't want to face the responsibilities of the psychiatric hospital. I wish she could only see that you are trying to help her. That the tools you are giving her is to her advantage but she doesn't want to leave her comfort zone. Let her words go in one ear and out the next. Continue to give her all the support you can regardless of her words - she is just trying to guilt you into doing it her way which we all know is not helpful right now.

DenitaS

WOW, just talked to her!! She went from angry to just crying telling me she would be good and follow the rules. Told me that I didn't love her or I would let her out. I tried to tell her that I was doing this because I loved her. Very tough. Tomorrow should be rough as well........... ;(

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hang in there... she's clearly out of control with her emotions right now and you know you are doing the right thing for her (and the baby).

TerryJ2

I know you're hurting.

Those are the exact words I told my difficult child when I took him for a tour of juvie. He said, "I know you would never send me here because you love me too much." I said, "No, it is BECAUSE I love you so much that I WOULD send you there."
Maybe that's why he was so accepting of the psychiatric hospital when he went. It's hard to say how their minds work, just that I cannot be sucked into emotional blackmail.
It is what it is.
Stay strong.
You're doing the right thing.
{{hugs}}