This man is my hero

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. Man after my own heart. lol

I posted it to my fb page. Funny thing is............. the difficult child I used this type of creative parenting on the MOST agrees with him and posted it onto her page too! :rofl:

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I just posted this to FB, too. Personally I'd have preferred a sledgehammer to a gun.. but ... I think it's awesome.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
After the **** Onyxx posted to hers - after blocking us, which as this guy said - DAD IN IT, DUH!!! - doesn't work too well...

She'll be lucky to have access ever again in our home... Even if she buys her own laptop.

husband wasn't happy. He didn't go THIS far, but he could have!

buddy

Wow, in the comments some on you tube some people are really over reacting... he didn't shoot a puppy, he shot his own property.

I dont know I would have done that, heck... this is money.. I maybe would have sold it or given it to my mom whose computer died...lol

susiestar

Roll With It
I LOVE this guy!!! Though I would probably have sold it and then still made her pay me back for the upgrades. I think it is awesome that the mom was on the same page (evidenced by put a bullet in there for me request to the dad) and that they actually followed through. I cannot count how many times some of my kids' classmates have had their computers taken away "for months" or "forever" or "until you pay for X" and then 2 weeks or so later when a school assignment had to be typed the kid got the computer back because parent did not want to share or it was "too hard" for the kid to do schoolwork without one.

I have a strong dislike for the person who wrote the article about the father. Why would social services need to be called to "rescue" this girl from her father? Yes, he made a 7 minute rant and read his daughter's post on it and he shot her laptop. I totally fail to see WHY this would be abuse. The girl doesn't need to be rescued from him - she needs him to do what he said. More kids need parents who would go that far when the child (who seems PITA typical teen and not difficult child to me - after all she does the chores rather than destroying the entire house because someone asked her to do them) is so blatantly rude and does somethng dangerous. Yup. It is DANGEROUS to post personal things online. Most teens will post all kinds of personal info online or give it to someone they met online if the person is "cute" or "nice". This lets all sorts of dangerous people into their lives.

in my opinion social services should give the guy a medal and use him as a role model for following through. The author of the article needs to go see some actual abuse of kids because clearly he doesn't have a clue.

keista

Yup. Man after my own heart. lol

I posted it to my fb page. Funny thing is............. the difficult child I used this type of creative parenting on the MOST agrees with him and posted it onto her page too! :rofl:

Isn't it amazing that they see the light in others but not in themselves?

Here's an update page with comments and questions answered by the Dad. UPDATE: Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson - Chicago's Best Variety of the 80s, 90s and Now

I really can't believe that ppl are getting down on him for this - I thought it was BRILLIANT!