This Thanksgiving what are you most thankful for?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MidwestMom, Nov 24, 2013.

1. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

I am grateful that my physical health is good (knocking on wood), that I lost so much weight and am thlin again, that I have a great husband and that I have three wonderful young adult children: Julie, Lucas and Jumper. I am glad that 36's custody battle is over and that my grandson is doing well and, in spite of everything, is not a difficult child, and I am tickled that Julie is pregnant. I am glad my 89 year old father is still alive and healthy and that we know we love one another even though we have had rough times. I am grateful that I learned to stay away from toxic people, whether or not they share my DNA. And I can't forget my two therapy dogs...Damian and Chloe. I am grateful too for the chance to do the things I love to do, like volunteering and Community Theater and singing and writing and for the few I call friends and for this board.

What about you?

2. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

You know, my life has been so tumultuous for so many years now due to health scares and family deaths that I think I'm just thankful that I'm still here. Lol!

3. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

I'm thankful for the general good health for my family. I'm very thankful for love in my family. I should knock on wood, nothing negative is happening. Oh except husband is sick with a flu or something. Honestly, I can't wait to go to work this morning. He is so needy. When I'm sick I like to be left alone...he's the opposite. You know how it goes.

4. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

I am, as always, the most thankful that I was able to open my eyes and put my feet on the floor. I am thankful for my family and friends who enrich my life and make this experience of living one filled with love and happiness.

*Sharon

5. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

I am grateful to be above ground! I am grateful to be living as healthy and peaceful a life as I am. I am most grateful for my SO and the loving environment we create together, his unending support of me and all the laughter he brings. I am so grateful that my granddaughter is not only okay, but thriving, enjoying her senior year and planning a bright future. I am grateful for the sense of abundance I have, in love, beauty, friends, connections, joy, fun and good food too!

6. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

I am thankful for the peace I have created in my life because of the choices I made. I am thankful for my wonderful husband and the love and laughter I have found after all these years. I am thankful for my home, for the physical structure and for the safe place it is for me emotionally. I am thankful that each of my children is alive, well, and living a good life. I am thankful that my grandchildren have two parents who, even though they couldn't remain married, love their children and work very hard to co-parent. I am thankful for my health, the ability to move all parts of my body when I choose too.

7. Lisa333

Lisa333 New Member

I an greateful for having my child

8. Californiablonde

Californiablonde Well-Known Member

I am thankful for my job that allows me to support my kids. I am also thankful my kids and I are physically healthy. We may have our mental issues, but at least we are in good physical health and I am very grateful. I hope and pray it stays this way.

9. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

I don't have to cook for a crowd, and I got a ham and a turkey at a great price that husband and I can have at another time. As a matter of fact, I cooked the ham tonight with baked potatoes. YUM~