This Week- Valley Fever, Baby Tarantula, Rescuing drowning Bunnies!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The same day I went for my second mammo a week ago husband went for blood work because he has had a cough for almost 2 months and it is violent and the doctor had given him antibiotics already. They gave him a chest x-ray to rule out Valley Fever- negative. The other thought was a weird bacterial infection. GREAT. So we were waiting.... tap tap tap

Friday finally the call from the center- Valley Fever- doctor wasn't in- will call Monday. Because of husband weird Arthritis issues I am hoping he doesn't have breakthroughs more often.

Info on Valley Fever- those of you in Cali or likely Abbey will know about it:

http://phoenix.about.com/cs/health/a/valleyfever01.htm

He should be fine but with him he will likely be the one who has to be treated!!! LOL

The other cute story I had a baby Tarantula on my wall outside my door and the cat was trying to get it. SO I actually caught it, husband was watching very surprised. I put him in a little container trying to figure out how to ship him to Star*.
I decided to put him somewhere safer away from Ms. Evilfurrybuns...

Then yesterday, Ms Evilfurrybuns was caught chasing a baby bunny I caught her and threw her into the house. The poor little baby ran across the top of the pool and fell into the opening! I screamed and opened the pool expecting it to have sunk!
The little trooped was paddling hard.
I reached down and scooped it up. Wrapped it up dried it off made sure it could hop and took it out of our yard to a big bushy area away from our house but where the bunnies are and where Ms. Evilfurrybuns hunts.
She has been lock down since then!!!

That has been my day- Oh and Mister Diggerdoodles dug up a Vole! His Border Terrier is coming out.... he thinks he is SOOO cool.

totoro

Well I understand now why all he wanted to do for weeks was sleep! I was being my normal self, "Suck it up!" "Put on you big boy pants!"
I wasn't quite that harsh... but. LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm afraid I'd have squashed the tarantula.......baby or not. I'm not a huge spider hater, but when they're types that are gonna get bigger than my hand, oh yeah, they're gonna die. Also if they're dumb enough to come into my house.....they die. Outside I merely scoot them out of harms way. Outside is their territory.

Nice you were able to save the baby bunny. Poor lil thing. Hope it finds it's Momma. I raised 2 teeny wild bunnies when I was a kid. My stepdad ran over Momma's nest by accident with a lawn mower. The 2 I raised were the only ones who survived. And he didn't want to leave them behind because the disaster (it was really gory) of their nest would've kept Momma away and they were no where near weaned yet. They grew up just fine and I turned them loose when they were big enough.

You had a big day toto!!

totoro

I would have brought it in the house, the bunny, but I thought with our group not being ready for a little fuzzy cutey it wouldn't be fair. Then I would also have to let it go... which wouldn't be safe for the bunny I thought.

Kendall's class Tarantula has spun an egg sack... teacher anounced on Friday that if they hatch each student can ask parents if they may have one. We all know how these things take flight with a difficult child!
"CAN I HAVE ONE???" PLEASE!

Only good thing is, I think some of you here know a thing or 10 about keeping Tarantula's. Blech! I don't know if I am ready for one in the house, all of these things have been HUGE steps for me.

KTMom91

Sorry about the Valley fever...my father had it many years ago, right after we moved here. As I remember, it hung on like crazy. You definitely had an exciting time!

DammitJanet

Why oh why would the teacher tell the class they could ask their parents if they could have one before checking with the parents? Egads!

I tell you what, my kids wouldnt get one and they would be screaming for one. Same for some snake. It would cause bedlam.

totoro

Ms. J wrote a note Sunday night. If the Babies are born I guess they are called (Slings) they are basically "harmless"! She is advising the kids, if the parents say yes, to keep them for a few days just to watch them and then to let them go in the yard.
I think I would be OK with this. We only have 5 weeks left of School so who knows if this will happen... Or maybe I will send it to you Janet!!!

I AM KIDDING!

TerryJ2

Best of luck to your husband. Fingers crossed.

Too funny about the tarantula and cat.

Yes, bunnies can swim. :) So can rats and squirrels, to which they are related. Oh, the fun of rodents. :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Um...rabbits are not rodents and not even closely related to them. Rats and squirrels are rodents. There's some similarity in the gnawing teeth, but a rabbit has a radically different digestive tract.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY WORRRRRRRDDDD!!!!!!!! St. TOTO!!!!!!!

I have a spider story for you too. (how bizarre we are so connected) So Thursday night I decide I'm going to completely strip the bed - goose down feather comforter duvet and all. I flip the mattress and washed all the blankets and dried everything. I'm in the process of putting it all back together (Pootie carefully laying on the bed watching my every move & Casper at the foot of the bed) and I picked up the duvet. Well.....put your index fingers together and your thumbs together and make a circle. YUP....she was THAT big. In the wolf spider family. Her body was as big as my index finger. I've rarely seen one that big. So large I could count her eyes without reading glasses. She was GIGANTIC. I reached down to get her and she was SO skittish she shot to the other side of the room. Well once she moved Pootie decided she was fair game. Then Casper sees her and now I'm trying to find something to throw over this spider to keep her from being a dog snack...I reached into my cabinet and found a paper bag, dumped the contents and scooted her in.

I take the bag out to the den and asked DF if he would kindly take her out to the woods. Hold out the bag and he says "FOR ME?" - he missed the part where I said "Can you take her out to the woods?" thinks its candy opens the bag and starts to put his hand in and I'm not sure which one of them was more freaked out (guessing her) but about that time I yelled AHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOO and everyone in the house hit the deck....DF pulled his hand back and he said 'JE......(zzzzzzz)' -----yes she was a holy spider. Like I said we get big ones but rarely tarantula size, and she wasn't a Fishing Spider - I mean they get that big but they're thin. She was really built. So off they went to the Dark Forest...DF named her Aragon.

I haven't had a bunny here in a few years. THe last one we had flattened herself out in the yard for three days and never moved. DF finally picked her up - OMG what a set of lungs and that scream? Pitiful. Someone hit her Mother. We bottle fed little Rosebud and took her to the wildlife sanctuary. We have some wonderful pictures of our times with her. Even Dude held her and fed her so gently.

I'm not sure about valley fever - but all I could think about was - THE OREGON TRAIL GAME....ROFL......Hope Hubby is better soon -----

Hugs and love to my beautiful princesses.