This will make you so MAD!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh my gosh... I am just sick!!! I just started crying reading this. I am not a violent person, but I would have seriously wanted to hit this woman...
I am just sickened by this...

Tiapet

Old Hand
Sad, truly sad. For the family and child. How could they not have had better checks and balances in place for their employees in this day and age?

I recall back when my oldest, who is now 16, was in head start program they instituted a policy that the "parents" had to even have child line checks to participate in the events (yes even the graduation of their own child from the program). The schools here in NC also require parents to have same checks (levels 1-4 depending on how much they want to participate). Yet and employee didn't? I thought CA was a more progressive state!

susiestar

Roll With It
I really DON"T CARE that she had a drug problem. Using drugs wasNOT the child's problem, and the CHILD should have been the judge's first priority. The assistant was an ADULT and FULLY CULPABLE for her actions.

May she rot. I really think the sentence was WAY SHORT of justice. That poor little girl, unable to tell anyone she was hungry.

WHY didn't the school notice she wasn't eating?? NO CHILD at our school gets to skip lunch. NONE. And even in high school the lead teacher for sp ed monitors that the kids are eating. IF a child does not have $$$$ they still eat - THAT DAY, no waiting, no missed lunch.

This infuriates me. I sincerely hope that the district in this case changes the program and gets ALL employees in the database.

In our school, I - as a PARENT- have to pay $50 to have my fingerprints checked and my name put in a database, just to be IN the dang building!!!! Otherwise I can't come in and go to a teacher conference!!!!!

Each employee ALSO has to pay here, close to $100 for a much deeper check. How does this get checked in a small OKLAHOMA town and then in progressive, advanced schools in freakin' California a druggie gets to violate a handicapped child at will over and over????

Susie (with the steam coming out her ears)

A

AprilH

All I've got to say about this is this ***** had better be thankful that I will never come into contact with her. Lord, if that had been one of my babies!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
It makes my blood boil too - and even more when I think about the fact that while this person was wrong and ill in what she did - there wasn't ANYONE ELSE watching this child to make sure she got lunch.

SHAME ON THE WHOLE SCHOOL! Just awful. You send your kids to school thinking these people are going to take care of your special needs child and NO ONE is really watching or caring - THAT is an additional tragedy.

Just further enforces my beliefs that YOU are the only one who really gives a hang about your kids.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
It never ceases to amaze me the things that happen that shouldn't. I sit here and shake my head so often people probably think I have some sort of problem of my own.

Beth

N

Nomad

Now that was seriously pathettic.

Our local tv news had a story about some teens that stole a little Girl Scout's money (age 9) off her table when she wasn't looking. She was selling cookies. Someone saw and chased them down. They caught the girls and they were brought before a judge. They are going to have a court date and it was discussed what the possible repercussions might be. What did the girls say, on TV no less? "We don't think this is a big deal. The money was there so we took it." Clueless difficult children!