This ***

TYLERFAN

Hi Family:

I have been here for no-one lately, but I wanted/needed to touchbase today. My difficult child is in the Detox unit of the hospital around the corner from my house. She will probably be released in 24-48 hours. She has gone to the step I have prayed she never go to.
She is so far regressed at this moment it makes me feel like this is the old days.....and I haven't felt like that in at least a year. She is totally messed-up and I beleive a danger to herself. She is of right now refusing 28 day treatment and says she will go back to day treatment.....Can you say NOOOOOO! Hey, where are the little guys we used to have that jumped up and down and stuff?????
Anyway, I have pretty solid information that difficult child has used Heroin. There, I see that word and I know it is over.
I can't save her. And surprisingly enough.......I never saw this coming!!!!!!
What's up with me, huh?

Heroin
Please pray for my difficult child.

God Bless You,
Melissa

everywoman

Prayers being said. I'm so sorry Melissa. I, too, have always hoped difficult child never goes there---it's just too scary for words.

saving grace

Hi thank you, I am so so sorry. I have been "there" for a few years. I never thought "that" would be a part of my life. Its horrible and crushing. but it doesnt have to be a death sentence. She can still come back from this. Lets pray that someday she will be ready before its too late. Stay strong my friend and dont be a stranger

Grace

Oh sweetie, my heart sank to read that. Mega prayers for difficult child. And for you as well. Keep checking in, we have been worried about you.

gottaloveem

Melissa,
I am so sorry your daughter took this road. I will keep my fingers crossed that she accepts the proper treatment she needs.
My heart aches for you. I know how absolutely crushing this is. I can remember in detail the day I found out about Alex. I was crushed, scared,confused and mad.

I will be holding you close to my heart.
Many hugs

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Coookie

Melissa,

I was wondering about you the other day. I had been gone for awhile and didn't see any posts by you when I came back. :( Congratulations on your marriage :)

I am so sorry that your difficult child has taken this step. My heart just sank when I read the "H" word. :(

I have no words of wisdom my friend, just a pain in my heart for you. :(

Saying many prayers that your difficult child will get the help she needs.

Gentle hugs

DammitJanet

Oh Melissa...Im so sorry.

Back when I only had rabbit ears for TV I always heard you guys talking about the tv show Interventions, well now I have satellite and have been a faithful viewer. There is a website at the end of the show to ask for help for a loved one. Do you think maybe it would be worth a shot to contact them for difficult child? They seem to have some success and they at least get them out of the area.

DDD

Melissa, I think Janet's suggestion is worth checking out. Meanwhile I am really sorry that she is going down the tube...each time, however, there is a chance that she will truly hit bottom and begin to ascend.

Keeping the baby completely away from her might have come impact.
She can have her cake and eat it too, if the consequences don't hit her
in the heart.

As always, I hope for the best for your family. DDD

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Melissa, so sorry my friend. Maybe this will propel her to her true bottom and she will finally be ready to stop. You have good support around her, even if she chooses not to use it.
:warrior:

Peace

TYLERFAN

Thanks Guys

I will look at the "Interventions" website.
Meanwhile, I think I am numb.....mad , sad, but numb.
Her supposed boyfriend was apparantly was helping her get the stuff. (He is a Heroin addict)
He better stay far away from me.
Please someone tell me why I can't see the icons???? Do we no longer have all those cute expressive icons, or is it my computer?
Anyway, I appreciate the prayers.
I think I need a refresher coarse in Detachment 101 & 102!!!

Blessings,
Melissa

Fran

Former desparate mom
Melissa, on the rt. hand side of the box you type a response are icons. Below says "more". Click on them and scroll down.

I'm horribly sad at this turn of events for difficult child. I don't have any experience but I know fear. Many hugs and good thoughts for your difficult child who is lost.

tiredmommy

Melissa,

Click on User CP toward the top left of the page.

Click on Edit Options along the left side.

First, click to Enable Private Messaging so that you can receive PMs.

Second, under Thread Display Options, click on Show Signatures & Show Avatars & Show Images (this is in the Visible Post Elements box). You can also click Linear- Oldest First in the Thread Display Mode Box.

Third, under Miscellaneous Options toward the bottom, choose Enhanced Interface from the drop down box.

Last, be sure to click on Save Changes.

I hope that fixes the problems.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so sorry... For all of your sake I truly hope it is not Heroin. Not that I have personal favorites as far as drugs... but heroin would be my least favorite. I have watched it ruin many of my family members lives...
I will thinking of you and hoping you and your family can survive this.:praying:

KFld

TF, something made me check in this morning. Must just be my difficult child mom instinct. I know the word heroin is a scarey scarey thing and that you feel it's the end of the world. It is scarey, but it is not the end of the world. She can get clean, she can straigten out her life, but as you already know, it's all up to her. You have done a great job of not enabling in the past, please continue to do that.

I went through over a year of feeling like you do today when I discovered my son was useing heroin. I felt like my world had ended. I'm here to remind you today that my son is almost 1 1/2 years clean, working full time, paying his own bills and was even able to get himself a car loan. He is in a wonderful relationship and so happy with his life right now. I never would have dreamt this was possible 2 years ago.

It can happen and right now you need to continue on with your life and love and take care of that grandchild. The worst thing you can do for your daughter is to allow your own life to fall apart because of her choices. Your strength will give her strength.

I'm so sorry she headed down that path, but she can get better. Don't ever give up hope!!!! I never did!!!

I think that is well said. It is a good positive comment. She can get help. I believe my son used heroin of some kind also. Dont give up. Live YOUR life also. Iknow it may seem hard but you are valuable also and people need you. You need to take care of you. It is easy to get caught up in the chaos and go down with them but you have tos top yourself from doing that. You can only do so much.

busywend

So sorry, Melissa. I know your mommy heart is feeling helpless right now. It really will be up to her. I do agree with DDD, no baby visits at this point.

HUGS!

TYLERFAN

No Baby Visits for a long time.....
I told her she now has lost the luxury of me just believing her and now I will have to see real proof. She refused to let me in on her medical records. I am okay...It was a jolt and it caught me off guard. I am Okay. I will go to Narcanon and I will take care of my Beloved Husband and my baby boy. Who by the way is such a little cutie.........:woohoo::rofl::jumphappy::dance:He loves to dance and run and is talking so much now........He is my light.
I am going to Florida to rest next week. I am back for good this time.
See ya soon my friends and thanks as always.

Blessings,
Melissa:angel: