Thomas Update. (Or Love in Fur)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My microwave also serves as a "pet proof storage container", as does my oven.

Unfortunately, I have twice now forgotten to remove something I was storing in the oven before pre-heating it. Not good.

Squeaky likes bread, but is picky. She only likes "artisan" breads with the thick, chewy crusts. She will gnaw right through the bag the bread is in, and chew off a strip of crust right down the entire loaf!

That and her tendency to attack anything resembling animal protein is why she is crated while I'm putting groceries away.

Scent of Cedar *

It's really funny how different every cat is. (And every dog, too.) We had a cat once who loved empty grocery bags, empty beer cartons, empty anything big enough for him to get into. He would climb in there and bat the thing across the floor from the inside, making all kinds of racket. We got so used to it, we just laughed and thought nothing of it but man, when company came over!!!

Is that Thomas in your new avatar, North?

Cedar

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yes, Cedar. That is a very ruffled Thomas in my new Avatar. I had groomed him thoroughly not an hour before that picture was taken. His coat is still growing out from the rather awful lion clip that was done at the shelter because he was matted to skin and absolutely filthy.

He actually is lighter in color than he looks in that picture, more of a pale apricot than really orange.

His litter slip, which I saw, but was not given when I adopted him, has him as a cream, but he is either a really awful cream, or a really awful red. Given that he is also a really awful specimen of a Maine Coon, I am not surprised.

He is also a little boy at "only" 17lbs as weights on male Maine Coons run from 15-25 lbs.

Yes, the turkey incident was something I teased Stu about for years. Stu was a serious pothead up until he went into the Army. I partook as well, but not frequently, and not much, just a toke or two here and there.

I experimented with other drugs, but was totally clean by the time I was 22 as I simply got tired of the party scene. Stu never got into other drugs, and had no difficulty quitting pot despite being a heavy user.

The only addiction I currently have, and the only drug I've had trouble getting off of is nicotine. I no longer smoke, but still use an e-cig to satisfy my nicotine addiction

Interestingly, Thomas HATES my e-cig. Some of the "juices" have a scent when you exhale the vapour, and Thomas hates the smell of the vapor. it doesn't seem to bother Squeaky at all, but Squeaky dealt with my smoking for 3 years before I quit.

Actually, Thomas seems to hate ANYTHING that takes my attention away from him.

He is a pushy so-and-so.

TerryJ2

Awwww. What a wonderful story!
Why, why, why are people so cruel? Is it totally because they're stupid? Or is it stupid plus mean?
I am so glad he is with you. He sounds adorable. What a personality.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Part of it is stupidity. That's the part where not knowing that a long-haired cat needs help taking care of its coat, or that cats need dental care.
Part of it is sheer meanness. That's why Thomas flinched whenever one made sudden movements of hands and feet towards him and ran like hell whenever one moved towards him suddenly.