Thomas update

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
He's feeling better today. He's been out from under the bed, eaten a few bites,got some loving.

He then had diarrhea all over himself. I sorta got him cleaned up in the tub, wrecked my back, and I think I may have to lioñ clip him once all is said and done
Called vet about medications and he said to cut back to 2x day.

Scent of Cedar *

It is good to know he's doing better, Going. I hope your back isn't bothering you too much. I think you told us once that Thomas was a very big cat. Bathing him in the tub must have been awkward.

Cedar

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Actualy, he's a good boy for a bath. Problem is that I cannot kneel so had to bend over. That and the poor guy being mortified at at having soiled himself.

Scent of Cedar *

I had to come back and add that I thought of you this morning. At the other house, our cat would sit in the kitchen sink in the morning. The first thing I would see when I came downstairs was Sarah, smiling at me from the kitchen sink like cats do, and waiting for me to turn the water on. She doesn't seem to like the kitchen sink here for some reason.

Here, she must have been waiting in the bath tub.

But we have a shower curtain there. So, I haven't been seeing her. This morning, she did that little thing cats do where they get between our legs when we're walking, to get our attention.

And then, she hopped into the tub.

So I turned the water on.

And she was happy, and I thought of you and Thomas.

Cedar

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Thomas slept with me last night, we had some cuddles
His purrbox is again working. Back is a little better but I've gotten tramadol and muscle relaxers on board.

Missing mother's day due to. Taking care of my big guy.

Copabanana

Going, I hope your back is soon better. The only thing I have done today is bake scones (tried a new recipe, not so good), ate them, and read a mystery in bed. I paid phone bill so I could get online. That is it. I recommend bed and a mystery for back pain.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My back is a little better today. It was miserable earlier, but with tramadol and Ibuprofen and muscle relaxers, it's bearable.

I've been sleeping much of the day as a result.

Thomas is currently asleep in the easy chair. He is also able to get on the bed and table, which is an improvement.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, now Thomas is making up for the cuddles he missed out on while he was sicker.

He's far from out of the woods yet, but things are looking more hopeful.

Copabanana

things are looking more hopeful.
Good.

We are worried about Dolly our 7 year old boxer. Two days ago she was lethargic, warm dry nose, and we had to entice to eat with Beef Barley soup. After 2 days of soup on their croquettes the two dogs are refusing to eat altogether while they wait for their real dinner. More soup.

But we are worried. Mixed signs. She seems happy today. Lots of barking in the yard talking with her friends across the fence. But warm dry nose, still. She seems happy sleeping in the house most of the day near us.

Two years ago she had Mast Cell tumors and new ones this year which were removed. We brought her to an oncologist who said boxers rarely die from this kind of cancer and recommended against the only medication available (she was on it 2 years ago) because it is highly toxic and damaging to internal organs.

M does not want any heroic measures and neither do I. But it is so hard to face losing her. Perhaps it has nothing to do with the cancer....

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I have a lot of dog experience, but not a lot with mast cell. In the few cases I be seen, it seems to start with 1 tumor. That's removed and buys some time and then it comes back systemically.

No one i know has done the chemo as it is supposed to be very harsh and not that effective.

Boxers are prone to cancer.in my opinion I would have her seen by a vet and find out what it is

If it's bad, you can at least get comfort medications for her