Those going to Chicago reunion....who ARE you?

BusynMember

I'm thinking of going. In real life I am painfully shy. I was just wondering if those who plan to go would be kind enough to say who you are. I know it's silly, but I always like to be prepared in advance :)

Thank you very much.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'd like to go........but unfortunately I'll have to see how things here develop. Job wise, money wise, car wise.........difficult child wise. lol

So, I'll probably not know until closer to the date that is chosen. And if it's in early august it's a no go for me as that is when Nichole is due and I'm back up to take Aubrey.

I can tell you though.......I'm normally fairly shy, although it's improved tons with age. I had not the least twinge of shyness at the gathering in Cleveland. In fact, the opposite was true. It felt more like a family reunion of sorts than meeting people in person for the first time. It was truly wonderful to see everyone and get together to gab and laugh.

I'd love to do it again. I will do it again, even if it's not the ones planned for this year.:bigsmile:

tiredmommy

I'll try to make it but we're already travelling to Denver and Duckie has summer camp too. Then, she may have rehearsals if she's cast in a play she auditions for in a few weeks. But I will try...

slsh

member since 1999
MWM - I think I also was shy at one point. Now I just cannot be bothered to socialize. I do fine if there's an activity, like volunteering at Wee's school to do calendar drive or the flower sale, but getting together just to get together? Not really my cup of tea. I find it very stressful, especially since conversations usually tend to veer towards children. I love my kids and I'm proud of each one of them for the people they are becoming, but let's face it, Norman Rockwell family we aren't. ;) I hate having to filter my conversation to avoid pity or the well-meant but *really* irritating I-don't-know-how-you-do-its. I don't have to do that with you guys - you've been with- me for the last 12 years and you *know* we're a Twilight Zone family, LOL. Not only that, you guys really *get* it.

I hope you will come. I've found in meeting people from the board that they are just as safe a place to land in person as they are on the board.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
MWM, at this point, I'm planning on going... Perhaps with husband, too. Not bringing Onyxx this time...

cubsgirl

I've only been posting a short while - but I am planning on attending - especially since I live in the Chicago area!

BusynMember

thank you. I will come unless I am priced out...lol. I'll be the one socially awkward, blushing a lot...lol. I am not sure any of my kids can make it and hub will have to stay home with the dogs. I would like very much to meet you all, but I am sort of shy even about posting on the Watercooler. I have always had a terrible social phobia as does my oldest son. You are all people I would love to meet, even if I am quiet.

I'm actually much better than I used to be, but I do better one-on-one than in a group :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
MWM - trust me, in 2009 walking into a conference room full of people I'd never met in real life? With Onyxx next to me? After being lost in Cleveland for 3 hours? Was BAD. For about 15 seconds. Then - these were my family!!!

I don't meet people I don't already know...

T

TeDo

I won't be able to come. My finances make it absolutely impossible. I hope you all have a great time. Maybe someday (insert dream here). I will be thinking of you all.

Jena

I"m planning on going and I'm not bringing husband!!! :) than again shari and i could bring our men and do some sort game with them like shooting darts at them...... making them clean up after us ........ :) ok let me stop.

i'm unfortunately the same in person as i am in here NUTS. :)