Those going to Chicago reunion....who ARE you?

H

HaoZi

I wish we could go (as any trip I consider would involve bringing Kiddo along, simply no other choice), and even though it's only about a 3.5-4 drive from us I simply don't think we'd be able to manage it. :( I'd also be one of the socially awkward ones, I've never really "fit in" anywhere. With more notice it might be possible in the future. I wish you all a great and safe time!

BusynMember

LOL! Thanks, guys. Well, if we go to one of the cheaper hotels (the one for $220 will price me out) I will try to get there. I would love to meet you all.

busywend

I am planning on going, but it will depend on the dates picked.

I would love to meet you after all these years. Believe me, there is no ackwardness at all at a CD gathering.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm not sure if I can make it but I want to agree that I've never felt any awkwardness in any of the meetings I've had with CD members. Usually the first few minutes are taken up with squeals and screams and hugs and "it's so good to meet you finally" then you continue the conversations you've had online but this time it's in person. If you are meeting a lot of people, you can sit back and listen until you feel more comfortable and that's fine, too.

Since there were going to be so many new introductions, before I went to Cleveland I printed out the signatures of everyone who said they were coming because face it, we know each other by signature and by avatar. It really helped a LOT when I met them in person.

Suz

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Suz, that is a GREAT idea... I never thought of it, but it would have helped SO MUCH!!!

I mean, I know I would recognize Janet, and Star, Stang, Hound, KTMom and you... Very likely Nancy and Busywend too. But there were so many others... LOL!

Star*

call 911........call 911
If it were closer to where we are? I'd go, being unemployed at this time? There's no way gals - sorry once again.

If there is another chance for say Myrtle Beach even Atlanta? Where flights could be direct or cheap? I could get there - even may rent a car or donkey. But Chic-town is too far for this pocket.

HOWEVER - WHAT is up with this - I am painfully shy business? Huh? I'm sittin here like.......ARE YOU SERIOUS? OH MY WORD! This - you....we....I.....I just have to say this and then I'll clam up (okay for this anyway).

My whole life - I've been the underdog - the pick-ed upon - the one that didn't fit - the square peg, round hole person. The ostracized, picked last, never, no matter how much candy I passed out ever never even for that moment did I ever manage to be 'one of them' BUT I AM ONE OF YOU - finally I am one of SOME GROUP.....ONE OF PART OF SOME FAMILY - somewhere. I don't even care what the link is - I don't even care that it's because my kid is what he is....I have people that care. True we don't all see eye to eye all the time and THANK GOD...how boring would that be. TRUE we don't all meet the same economic backgrounds - which well - thank GOD again because I'm ridiculously poor, but I have a rich heart and I've gotten SO much from so many of YOUR hearts here - don't you ALL feel the same way? I mean for the first time in my LIFE - it wouldn't bother me to show up to a meeting in what I own just as I am - WHO I am-----and the only thing that holds me back - is that I just can't get there.........

So.....if you CAN get there, and MEET all these other sisters in the warrior mom world...WHY OH WHY wouldn't you go and meet them? I can't think of a room of LESS judgemental, less CRITICAL, less cliquey (i think that's a word) caring, laughing, funny, story telling (and someone please shut the door this time and not allow staff to over hear you ----I heard rumors, I heard rumors) and ENJOY EACH OTHERS LIVES...because how often do you EVER EVER MEET people like each other IN REAL LIFE??????

Seriously - except for the part where you have to sit next to someone on a plane that has germs YICK... (TAKE A BLEEPIN Bottle of sanitizer) and some hand wipes and GO!!!!! HAVE the time of YOUR life and treat yourself to WONDERFUL PEOPLE. I can't imagine where you would find a collective soul more deserving of your company.

And send me pictures......and pass the phone around again - so I can sit and cry after....it was the best call I ever got. EVER! :likeit:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Starbie... We have to find you a way to go!!!!!

I didn't get to see you a few months back... MUST. SEE. STAR!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Set a donkey on the table, and put a cell phone on speaker ---------like Michael Jackson -----"I'll be there......." oooooooh ooooooooooh. lol

I'll get to one eventually kiddo......promise.

Jody

I would like to attend, and will make plans when I know the date. It's going to be fun meeting all of you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That's why I was rooting for the SC meeting place............so I could meet you Star cuz I missed you here. darn it! But then that just means when me and step do meet you, girl, you're gonna be swept away!! lol

easy child and I are discussing the gathering. Seems to chicago I can take a train ride. Hmmm. Supposed to be cheap.........believe it when I see it. lol And still there is that whole if I don't go see my mom deal........I think I'd shatter her heart as she's been trying to get me home for at least 15 yrs. I dunno. But we're talking. The kids know how much fun I had last time..........and I've discovered this time BOTH my girls want to join me and meet board aunties. Go figure. lol

But Nichole will be late into pregnancy by summer........and easy child has to check work schedules........and there is that whole money deal. (perhaps I'll make enough from our yard sale, who knows)

But Starbie is right. MWM you'll never in your life find a group of people who will make you feel more comfortable, more loved, and cherished than our warrior mom family. And family we are. You guys are as much a part of my family conversation as bio family members.......in some ways more so. I have kids nagging me about how so and so is doing more than they do with bio aunts and uncles ect. lol Of course if they come they'll be using board names for a while. ;) They've befriended many of you on fb.....because you are family to them, we just don't see you face to face much.

If I don't make it to this one, I will make it to the next one regardless of where it is.

tiredmommy

Let's just hope, wherever Janet decides to go, that she's the one to break the ice with the story of what brought her here. :rofl:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Let's just hope, wherever Janet decides to go, that she's the one to break the ice with the story of what brought her here.

Funny..........I was reliving that moment for Nichole earlier this evening. :rofl: :rofl:

OMG That was priceless.

BusynMember

I'm going to see if Julie, my famous 26 yr. old ex-drug user now easy child, will come with me. She has a strange work schedule as she is a pastry chef, but I'd feel better if she came. She's shy too, but then we could be shy together...lol. I'm also going to work on seeing if Jumper will go with me, if only to stay in a hotel (we don't do that very often). She is my fourteen year old easy child with Learning Disability (LD) problems but a big athlete. Any other teenage girls possibly going?

I'm planning on going. It's a 4 hr. train ride from St. Louis at a cost of $44.oo round trip. I am so anxious to meet all the board moms that have held me up, encouraged me, and guided me to be the Warrior mom that I now am. I can hardly wait!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Star.....get to your Mom's before the get together. Spend the night, get up the next morning and drive to my house. Spend the night and come with me.

There.

You're coming.