Those in the Blizzard Check in Please

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wyntersgrace, Hopeless, how are you guys fairing? How about other board family effected by the storm??

We have about 8-9 inches and it's still snowing heavily. And there is ice under it because last night we once again had a short period of freezing rain.

We found out about the freezing rain when we went to feed Rowdy.

Roads are horrid here in town. But we're small, and we ran out of salt with the last storm.

I'm glad I have nowhere to go.:redface:

Hope everyone is okay.

Hugs

Nancy

I am in Chicago right now with my easy child, having left Ohio 30 minutes before it started snowing. We drove and luckily did not get any snow. But I just called home and and husband said there is about 18" of snow on the ground and much more in drifts all over and there is no end in sight. Everything has come to a complete stop.

So I guess I am stuck in Chicago at least until they get this cleaned up. We were suppose to fly here but had to drive because easy child just found out she has mono and they wouldn't let her fly because of her ear problems, but all the flights have been cancelled anyway.

On a good note, we saw Wicked last night and hope to go shopping on the magnifient mile today until easy child has to come back and rest.

I hope everyone stays warm and safe in their homes.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nancy

I hope you and easy child have fun together. Glad you didn't encounter any snow in your travels.

I just looked out again. The drifts are making it hard to judge. I have 3 foot drifts in the front yard. I was guessing based on what is on the front porch which is somewhat blocked from the wind. I swear we've added 2 inches already. husband's tire tracks from picking up Travis from work are gone.:tongue:

Thanks for checking in.

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nine inches, and you don't have the heavy snow yet? Sheesh! I wouldn't be going out. lol Stay safe, stay warm.

Hugs

F

flutterbee

We have probably close to 15 inches already and it's still coming down. The boys (easy child's friends are here - when aren't they?) had to shovel a path for the dog to go potty because the snow is as deep as she is tall.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We've got about the same Heather. Got some pretty huge drifts going in places too.

Too cute about the dogs. lol

Molly begged to go out an play in it. (she'll regret it later) Betsy was all for joining her until she found out the snow is almost up to her back. I made her join Molly anyway as it was potty time for both. lol Betsy did NOT look especially pleased with me.

Our street was actually plowed this morning. You can't distinguish it from the yards at the moment. ugh

And wasn't this stuff supposed to stop by 4pm??? It's still snowing hard here.:tongue:

4sumrzn

The sun just came out about 5 minutes ago......I think it's DONE! My guess is about 14-16 inches here. The drifts are 2-4 feet. We've been keeping up with the driveway & a path for the dogs to go potty (ha, they pee on the porch anyway....scared to get out there I guess). Not quite sure what that will do....the roads look AWFUL!!!!!!! Oh well, hopefully it will be much better by Monday.....kids have to go to school! HAVE to! LOL!

F

flutterbee

No sun here, yet, and still snowing. Not as heavy as it was, but heavier than flurries.

Now we having a blowing snow advisory.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Still snowing here too. And too hard to be flurries. Although it has slowed down a bit.

easy child told me more snow is expected tonight??? Anyone else see this or hear it???

F

flutterbee

My forecast (for Delaware County) shows this:

Now through 06:00 PM EST March 08, 2008
Snow will taper off from west to east through 6 PM. Any additional accumulations will be around an inch or less. Roads will be snow covered and slick. Avoid travel if not necessary.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy this evening. Snow likely with areas of blowing snow early this evening...then a slight chance of snow late this evening. Around an inch of additional snow accumulation. Partly cloudy after midnight. Lows 5 to 10 above. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, you're north of us. Whew! After all we already have an additional inch is nothing. lmao

easy child had me worried.

F

flutterbee

I'm thinking we've gotten around 16 or 18 inches of snow. I'm going to have to go measure.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Glad everyone is doing okay with this lovely (not) snow. It is really hard to say exactly how much fell from the sky (I say about 14 inches) because we have drifts in our front yard that are about 3 feet deep.

We must have cleared the driveway 5 times today. Our driveway is a hill / so we have to keep it cleared. Anyway, we didn't need to go out today, so we stayed in.

husband wants to head to Cincinnati tomorrow to Bass Pro Shops. Roads should be cleared by then.

They finally drove a snow plow down our street around 4:30 today.

Stay warm everyone. I am getting ready to drink a nice cup of hot tea and read a book.

Nancy

I talked to husband and he said there is at least 2 ft of snow there and it's still snowing. The airport is closed and no one is going anywhere. I can't believe I missed the whole thing LOL.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nancy, you're lucky you missed the whole thing. lmao

With the drifting it's hard to be sure, but I think we got at least 15 inches total. Maybe more. Like I said, drifting is making it hard to be sure.

Last time I looked they had our street plowed again. That's a good sign. They always leave residential streets til last. We have a guy keeping our alley clear, which as far as we're concerned he might as well be shoveling our drive too. lol He works for MRDD, we have two halfway houses across the alley and they like to keep the alley clear of snow so workers can get in there.

I think it's finally stopped snowing completely. yea!:redface:

F

flutterbee

They did our street around 7pm. It wasn't a snow plow, though. It was some kind of earth mover - bulldozer type thing. You know, yellow with big wheels. I guess they have all the machines out today. LOL

trinityroyal

With all the drifts it's really hard to tell exactly how much snow has fallen.
husband, Little easy child and I have hunkered down for the duration. We cleared off the schedule completely. Little easy child missed karate, swimming and a birthday party...but with this weather (not to mention a nasty flu that Little easy child has come down with), it just wasn't worth leaving the house.

I just opened the front door to check things out. There is a big snowdrift up against the door and my entire porch is covered. It's quiet and beautiful out.

Keep safe everyone.
Trinity

tiredmommy

Ah... to wake to the smell of coffee and the hum of snow blowers in the distance! We ended with almost 18" here. But the sun is shining now. :)