Thoughts and Healing prayers for sister

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by hearts and roses, Jun 7, 2012.

1. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

My sister is having the cervical spinal surgery today - I need the power of my friends.

If you think of it, please send up some positive thoughts and prayers and healing juju for her. There's a 50/50 chance she could come out paralyzed, but I don't think that will happen. She flew across the country to one of the top spinal surgeons so we're thinking she has better odds of a repair. Thanks!
  2. lovemysons

lovemysons Well-Known Member

H & R,
    Thoughts and prayers for your sister.
    And, So glad she has good surgeons involved.

From Texas and onto...
  3. keista

keista New Member

Positive healing thoughts going out!
  4. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!
  5. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Grabbing on in Ohio with lots of good a speedy healing thoughts!!
  6. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

Fingers crossed and a lot of good juju being sent her way

7. Tiapet

Tiapet Old Hand

Definitely coming from here! Hoping and wishing for all the best!
  8. Mattsmom277

Mattsmom277 Active Member

Hope all goes well and wishing her a speedy recovery!
  9. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Healing thought and prayers going out for your sister!
  10. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I'm sending healing thoughts for your sister, and focus, clarity, and accuracy to the surgeon. !!!!
    Many hugs.
  11. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Crossing body parts and rattling beads....and praying too.
  12. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Positive thoughts and prayers for your sister, hugs to you............
  13. Californiablonde

Californiablonde Well-Known Member

I just sent up a prayer for her.
  14. Liahona

Liahona Guest

Praying for her. Hope she recovers well and can walk.
  15. hearts and roses

Thank you everyone! She just came out of surgery and is doing well. They were able to remove the ruptured disc and fuse the area in her neck (cervical). She's incredibly sore because they had to go in through the front of her neck and move the muscle and larynx out of the way, then put it back. She can only whisper right now, but she's out and the surgery as far as they can tell was a success! We've all been on pins and needles all day waiting to hear, thank goodness.
  16. Tiapet

Tiapet Old Hand

hearts, not to alarm you, but I hope that she will be able to do more then whisper soon enough. My father had the same sort of surgery in his cervical area to fix his spine and they went in through the front and moved stuff too. He lost his voice to it. After about 10 years he finally found a dr and hospital that knew what they were doing and got something called a teflon injection and it gave him his voice back. Until then, he too only had nothing but a whisper. Keep it in mind "if" this should occur. I hope and pray not but if it does.......
  17. hearts and roses

Thanks for mentioning that Tia. I will keep it in mind just in case!
  18. buddy

buddy New Member

Hopefully the voice problem is in part due to swelling. If there is paralysis ...esp on one side the teflon can push out the paralyzed vocal fold(s) so the movement for vibration doesn't have to go so far. Cool that it worked for him .....of course it all depends. So glad your sister made it through. I hope this is a long term solution for her. Hugs ....
  19. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Somehow missed this... sending prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.
  20. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I remember how worried you were a few weeks ago and am relieved to know the surgery is over and that positive signs are showing through. Add me to the list of those sending positive thoughts and prayers her way. Hugs DDD