Three Shadows..??

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm here! Had a great week-end going to nurseries (flowers, not babies...) and today went to the Baltimore Symphony and a Vietnamese restaurant with husband, trying to reconnect with the Old Man.

Are you all right k?

klmno

I'm fine- and hanging in there. Thank you for asking! I was just a tad bit worried about you and wasn't sure if you were traveling or if something was wrong. I'm glad to hear that you've just been busy doing normal, constructive things that are good for you and help make a happy life! Like reconnecting with an old man. LOL!! (JK)

klmno

Myself, I'm not crazy about some Vietnamese food- too spicey. But I can certainly appreciate the symphony and plant nursery and think they both have their own therapeutic qualities. Kuddos to you for pursuing these things!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I wish we could travel, k, but our old Maine coon cat, who came to us as a stray, has a salivary tumor the size of a marble and we can't go far as long as he needs his cortisone pills. I'm trying not to think about his upcoming death. I hate having to make the ultimate decision but he will let us know when it's time.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
You slipped in as I was typing...

I was raised on Vietnamese food, my great uncle had been a colonel in the French colonial army in Vietnam. He was responsible for helping the Vietnamese people of the North fight off marauding Chinese pirates. All my father's cousins were born in Hanoi. It's making it impossible for me to investigate the genealogy of their branch!

klmno

That's a difficult situation. I had a diabetic dog that required urine tests and insulin shots twice daily, but was my child before I had a child. You are right- you will know when the time is right and the pain outweighs the quality of life. I'm sorry you have to go thru it- I'm sure you know that in the long run, it is worth the joy they bring to our lives and the happiness that good pet-owners give to the animals' lives. It's still very difficult and emotional.

Thanks for touching base- I did wonder if you were ok.

klmno

Wow! You have such an interesting life story! Have you ever considered writing a book? Or at least a journal that someone could use to write from someday? Even your kids- who might not be able to appreciate this now- will probably find much value in this history someday.