Three things about you

DDD

Three things you all don't already know...yikes:

1. I have only had one manicure in my life and no pedicures or waxing (of course, lol).
2. My favorite activity is volunteer work and Chairing events.
3. I think I have only raised my voice in anger three times.

DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
belonging to this board is like in that movie Ice Age where the Mastedons find the other Mastedons. (insert grin)

4.) I have only ever really had that one green monster energy drink, and EVERYTHING before #'s 1., 2. and 3. are exactly why.

Parker

I guess I could post all day long since you guys really don't know anything about me :D

oh, I guess I'm a mastadon as well. :p

Mattsmom277

This thread is tons of fun. And Star, as usual, you're a total ham. :)
I'm going to add three more, in the silly category

1) S/O assigned me a nickname, we use it everyday and have formed our own language. My "name" has its own urban dictionary entry. easy child rolls her eyes at our languages and many uses of my nickname as a verb. But secretly she really loves how whacked we are

2) In high school, I was consistently truant. I was also a difficult child on probation with a condition to attend school. The principal said he would report my truancy, unless I took a paying job for the school. Well doh! Sign me up she says. It'll be fun and you'll get paid he said. Yeah. I was to meet someone at the mall after school every day for a week to do this job. I get there, its the school librarian. With a hunter orange glowing book worm costume. At the mall. The mall near my high school. I had to walk the mall for a week handing out book marks to kids, to promote literacy week. I thought I would die. There was one episode the costume head fell off. It's funny now. But it took nearly 20 years to be.

3) I react strangely to what sends most into tailspins. During the economic down turn a few years ago, S/O arrived home from work early. He had been laid off in his companies final round. I made us a candle light dinner and baked his favorite cake. We celebrated having time together for a while. Just last week, he was forced to quit his much sought after high paying job. (Environment was intolerable) This also led to the cancellation of our wedding, 7 weeks before the date. We have had movie/popcorn marathons, decorated for Christmas and enjoyed the local parade, and laughed more than in months. I'm an odd duck.

jal

Ok, here goes. A lot of people don't know me here either, but I started here in 2005, when difficult child was 3, he's now 10. I had a different name then & because of a hiatus I had to pick a new one.

I too, like a lot of you have never had an energy drink. I also don't drink coffee, only tea...husband can run multiple Dunkins out of coffee (daily).

1. I love to read when I have the time, which is not a lot. I will read and read and read when I can. If my nose is in a book, it doesn't come up until I am done. (In the back of my mind I was thankful for hurricanes and snow storms knocking out power & closing work the last 2 yrs. - I'm in the northeast.)

2. I absolutely miss traveling on someone else's dime. I used to travel A LOT in my last job before difficult child was born and after. I lost that job (9 years there, because of difficult child issues) and have only had minimal travel in my current one (5 yrs.). (G*d, I could leave right now).

3. My husband and I have been together since I was 17 & he was 18. We are now 39 & 40. Married for 13 yrs next month. difficult child was planned. Life with a difficult child was not. Brutal honesty: Thank G*d for the big V.

buddy

I've also never had an energy drink and I don't drink coffee ....well no caffeine anymore. If they would have been invented when I was in college things may be different.

1. I love talking to people but am super shy when it comes to going to social gatherings and never did the party or bar scene in college or after for that matter.

2. I always dreamed of owning a cabin on a sandy lake.

3. I want to go back to school and start a new career, but what???????

DDD I've never had a mani or pedi....I just posted that on FB in fact because my dog gets to have one Fri though I never have had one!

S

Signorina

I too have never had an energy drink...

1) I am a secret slob. My house is always pristine or at least clean ... but don't look in my drawers...or my closet. They are often a jumble.

2) I am a super fast reader. Always have been. I suspect it has something to do with having synesthesia. I was however - not a great student in HS. I was admitted to college contingent upon taking an intensive study skills program. Speed reading was part of it. Now I read incredibly fast. Blessing sometimes, but I often feel it's a curse. I feel compelled to start and finish a book in one sitting. I wish I could be a "chapter a night" girl- I hate finishing books that I love.

3) I think I could live life happily as a hermit. And when things are bad, I tend to curl up within myself. More inwardly than outwardly, if that makes sense. Most people in my life that know me socially would never believe that. And I hate the phone. I have stressed and lost friendships because I am not one to call and (even worse) I often don't return calls.

Nancy

buddy...me too #1 and 3.

1. I have to have things in symetry, things have to match, have to do things in pairs, etc

2. I'm very impatient waiting in lines

3. I don't like it when people are mad at me

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have tasted a Monster energy drink, and since I don't like cough syrup, and especially not cold, carbonated cough syrup... YECH! That taste, by the way, had me bouncing off the walls like Starbie's post for 2 days with NO SLEEP. I use coffee (even decaf) as my energy drink.

1. I became a "MOM" at age 30 when I met husband and his 2 kids who I now consider mine and have for almost the entire time. But I became a "MOMMY" 6 weeks ago.
2. The spelling of Meghann's first name (which, incidentally, is a mishmash of my grandmothers' names) came from the book The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough. The doctor who delivered her by "C" section? McCullough.
3. My motto used to be "Bounce First Think Later" (thanks to Tigger) till I met my difficult children...

DazedandConfused

I, too, have never had an energy drink, but husband swears by them.

1. I'm an over-thinker. It's great when it comes to analyzing, but not so good when something needs to get done!

2. I'm 51 and almost done earning my BA and teaching credential. When most teachers are thinking about retirement, I'm just getting started.

3. A dog sleeps between husband and I.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, sadly no I didn't get them into the ground. When I went looking for seeds no one had them. I'll try again next year.

flutterby

Fly away!
I've never had an energy drink. I also don't drink coffee or tea - don't like hot drinks (no hot chocolate either).

1. I love Christmas music - and everything about Christmas even though most days I don't consider myself a Christian.

2. I'm very direct and it takes a conscious and concerted effort to word things in a way that is considered polite - which I really consider "prettying it up" and using way more words than necessary, but realize that people tend to get their feelings hurt otherwise. Although, I have realized that it is much more acceptable for men to say something the exact same way I would have without "prettying it up" and that annoys me to no end. And sometimes I just don't have the energy or patience to pretty it up.

3. I probably often seem very cranky and not very nice, but I really just feel things too much and am guarded.