Ticked at our GED program

DammitJanet

Cory wants to start taking the classes to get his GED. Here you have to attend classes if you didnt pass the pre-test. You cant just study at home and retry the test which to me is absurd.

Well he signed up for the classes and it was good because the classes were right across from Nookie's day care center so Billy could drop them both off at the same time. Convenient.

He went one full week and a half. He has the baby all week and her mother has her maybe Friday night and half of Saturday before she brings her back to him. And way, on Sunday Cory noticed Nookie was coughing some but she was still active. On Monday morning the day care wouldnt let her stay because they said she had a fever. So Cory and Nookie had to go back home and Cory had to miss that day. The day care said Nookie couldnt return to day care until she was fever free for two days. He tried to take her this morning and they said nope...too soon, she can come back on Thursday. So Cory had to miss M-W at his GED classes and they booted him out and told him he forfeited his spot! Uhh, you might as well say he is a single father. What is he supposed to do when a child is sick? We are talking about a 2 year old here. She isnt grown. I really wonder if they would have been so hard on a mother in the same situation.

Honestly, you dont want to stop Cory when he is willing. This is what happened to him in school. Everyone told him they didnt want him so he simply quit going.

Honestly, where is that darn mother??? Secondly, I work in a school, if a child is fever free, legally she can stay. That is wrong what the daycare says, made up. Maybe there is some person in charge he can talk to in a dignified manner at his school. I'm sure that school is used to people making excuses but if this is a true reason, there may be a chance somewhere. And now it is Friday, he missed a lot. Can he sign up again? Is there a plan he can implement with you, Billy, or the mother? He has to think about these things in advance. I know how important this can be to his life, it's sad that this is the obstacle for him.

DammitJanet

He can go back and try again in July. But just FYI, he wasnt the one who came complaining about this to me, I found out about it from Billy. As far as the mom, I wont even get started there. She causes more fights between Tony and I. If you heard the two of us, you would think she was his daughter and Cory was mine. He makes so many excuses for her. There is no one else on his side who can take care of the baby when she is out sick. Tony works, Billy works, I am disabled and that child is wild. She is too young to actually listen to me. Monkey is old enough to understand and I am still worried about what I am going to do with her all summer.

Im in a bit of a snit. I got accused yesterday of not wanting to see my grandchildren.