Tigger at Camp

JJJ

Tigger is attending his first day camp starting today. We were both nervous but thankfully his best buddy was already there when we got there so he jumped right into the mix of kids.

Five whole hours away from mommy. I hope he can handle it (please, oh please, oh please).

change

That's awesome! Now...what about getting your other kids off somewhere all at the same time so you can have some time off to yourself? ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I can truly appreciate your pleas for him to please be able to handle things at daycamp!

This year difficult child 2 is not attending daycamp with easy child. The past two years at the camp resulted in more timeouts for him than actual play time. And he alienated himself from everyone, especially easy child. I felt a little sad dropping her off yesterday and seeing some kids difficult child 2 knows at the camp -- kids who have never tried to understand him and only pushed him away.

He's supposed to go to an overnight camp for special needs kids in August -- but our state budget crisis is threatening to close the camp this year, and we don't know yet if he'll get to go. I really, really hope funding comes through. He's going to be one very sad and disappointed kid if it gets cancelled.

Hope Tigger's day goes really well and that he enjoys himself. The positive experiences are so few and so important for our kids.

JJJ

He had a great day! He didn't need his afternoon medication! The day camp leader said he had fun and played well with everyone :) :) :)

He's a little fussy now. I'm trying to get him to take a nap and, of course, the other two are riling him up LOL.