time change

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I refuse to change my clocks so don't even know if its spring back or fall forward, or is it fall back and spring forward.....

Marcie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I don't understand why we even do this anymore. I mean really, with the price of oil the way it is? Now we're going to have our lights going in the wee morning hours instead of the early evening hours. Where is the sense in this?? And if we are going to do this, why can't we stick with April?? Why NOW?? It's not like those of us in the colder states can go out and hang out on our patios just because it's lighter out? It's still freakin cold!

Not to mention I have felt like I have JET LAG since the last time change. I never even changed the clock in the kitchen, so at least I won't have to change it back now. :tongue:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I refuse to change my clocks so don't even know if its spring back or fall forward, or is it fall back and spring forward.....Marcie

Spring forward (ahead an hour), Fall behind (back an hour).

Did you know that each state has the power to NOT participate? I didn't know that.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Living in Indiana we did not follow the changing clock thing until last year when the govenor got the time thing changed. I hate this because all clocks, watches, etc. need to be changed, but found the solution......buy those atomic clocks that work off of a satellite.....they change automatically!!!!! Don't get why an hour makes a difference, but as the rest of the country goes we get to conform.......

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
WMM - I actually read about your state in the Wall Street Journal last week. The energy usage after the time change actually went UP instead of down. The time change wasn't crafted for the coporate world we live in... I thought it was interesting. Maybe they'll get rid of it now.

trinityroyal

I must admit I'm looking forward to it. Even though the weather is still crummy (and yet another great dumping of snow on the way for tomorrow, according to the weather people) I do get such a lift with the additional daylight.

As for changing the clocks, the cell phone, computer and cable clocks change by themselves because they're connected to the network. As for the other clocks, I just wander around a bit confused until husband gets around to changing them.

dreamer

I really dislike messing with the clocks and dealing with time changes. I do not like fall time change or spring time change.
I also do not like how many clocks there are in my house, LOL.
Yeesh seems every thing has a clock on it!
Our cell phones and our cable tv box are automatically done for us, and we do have an atomic battery operated alarm clock. - but then theres the clock on stove, and on microwave, and on vcr and on tv......and in both cars.....yeesh. drive a person nuts. I do not know why everything has to have a clock on it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
C-ommittee
O-n
M-onitoring
E-verything

O-pposes
N-aylight Savings Time

Naylight - That time that we either loose when we Spring Forward or gain when we Fall back - Nay I say unto you STOP MONKEYING WITH MY INTERNAL CLOCK.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is why I am moving to Arizona.... They don't observe it there... bunch of rebels... and it is sunny... good for Fibromyalgia, and Arthritis!!! And SAD!!!

LittleDudesMom

Well, I love the fall time change 'cause we get an extra hour of sleep and it used to be so easy to put the kids to bed when they were little. I hate the spring change though because those first couple days of getting the kids up earlier for school is awful.

easy child and I were talking about it last night and she said she was really excited because it means summer is coming. Nothing like jumping the clock, so to speak.

Sharon