Time change??

witzend

Gain an hour - until you have to get up on Monday and it doesn't feel like it because you stayed up an hour later!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Not to mention it feeling like it's getting dark even earlier. Just keep reminding yourself that the days will start getting longer after 12/21

klmno

Yeah- about the only thing that keeps me going thru our cold Januarys and Februarys is that we start getting a little more daylight. I'm hoping for a mild winter this year myself.

donna723

For once, I don't really mind going off of daylight savings time! I hated the time changes when the kids were little because babies don't care what time the clock says, they know when they're hungry or ready to get up! I don't envy my daughter with the little one to contend with! And I hated going off of daylight savings time when I was working because it would be dark or almost dark by the time I got home. I hate to drive in the dark, and it made it seem like the day was already over with by the time I got home! But now that I am finally ~**RETIRED**~ - I really don't care when it gets dark! Makes no difference to me one way or the other! Just one more thing I don't have to worry about! I love it!

donna723

If I knew then what I know now, I would have done it a couple of years ago and saved myself a heck of a lot of stress and grief!!

klmno

LOL!

You know - as everyone on here does- that I'd been unemployed for about 18 mos or so except for that trial working from home that only lasted until difficult child was released - so I would have taken any job I could have gotten. However, I am getting closer to a job position I'd really like to have and IF my boss stays somewhat catastrophe clear, this one isn't even so bad. I make about 75% or a little less than I used to but am happier and have decided that at this point in my life, being happy is climbing up on my list of priorities pretty quickly. Whether it's retirement, a certain job, or exploring what you want to, all of us warrior moms have a right to strive for some happiness of our own!

donna723

I think that being happy where you are is the most important thing. It sounds like this should work out well for you as long as the boss doesn't go too far off the beam, and it sounds like the others are aware that he's like that. You really deserve to have things work out for you for a change! With me, I only had a year and a half to go anyway but I just couldn't handle the frustration and the stress any longer. I loved most (but not all) of my co-workers and it wasn't the work. It was the office politics, the stupid decisions, the lack of appreciation, the favoritism and the inequities. I never realized how stressed out it was making me until I wasn't there any more!

klmno

Thanks, Donna! I know you did what was right for you, too, when you left your job and I don't blame you. (I guess I should have referred to that as retired instead of "left"). The office politics and so forth are ususally the part that get to me the most, too.