Time flies when you're getting a massage...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I finally used the gift certificate I got for my birthday back in December at the local day spa.

They started me off with a changing room where I changed into the most comfortably warm, but light, robe and slippers. Then, I sat in a very comfy chair for ten minutes and soaked my feet in hot water with hot rocks and some kind of aromatherapy lotion. Very relaxing. I couldn't even focus on the magazines, I was so dazed with this small tidbit of pampering....but the best was yet to come.

Wow, I got a 50-minute deep tissue massage. The therapist didn't even have enough time to do the rest of my body because my neck, shoulders and middle back were so knotty. She really worked them out and I had some fantastic tingling thing going on in my lower back, over my derriere and down into my upper legs. All that stress and tension....melting away. And the best part was that she barely spoke a word the entire time!! I hate when they blab the whole time, you can't relax.

After she left the room, I lay there feeling like I'm on a cloud, ready to just drift off into a deep sleep like I've never known. Hahaha - then reality hit that I actually had to get up and change back into my regular clothes and that my 50 minutes were up. It felt like it had only been 10 minutes! But I was just a bag of mush by then, so it was just my greedy mind deceiving me.

But the calming sensations didn't end there. I sort of drifted into the changing room, back into my regular clothes (Gosh, I wanted to steal that robe!) and then as if in a fog, I drove a mere 25 mph all the way home.

Blissful. I want to try and make this a regular thing. Perhaps not at a place that is so expensive, but maybe every 3-4 months would be a nice treat? Oh, and she suggested I see someone for some Accupuncture.

TerryJ2

Ohhh, JoG, I would love to do that. And my husband has a massage therapist on staff! I haven't been for months.
I hold my tension and stress in my neck, shoulders, and lower back, too.
I am so glad you were able to use that certificate. Way To Go!!!

M

ML

I believe regular massage therapy is a great idea Jo. I encourage you to do that.

K

Kjs

wow. I have a certificate I got for xmas, now I want to go to your place.
I don't think our place pampers you like that.

Now I need to know when I do make this appointment., did you tip? And do you tip as you would a meal?

I agree. I would vote for the once every 6 week massage. Like getting your hair done. Schedule both the same day.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yes, kjs, you tip. I tipped 20%. The massage was fairly expensive ($110), but since it was a GC, I didn't mind the extra cost to me.

If I go for it on a regular basis, there is another place in town that is less, but equally as effective (though not as plush or pampering).

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH!
I'm a PRINCESS:queen:
I got a massage
IT felt GOOD
NEENER.........

Well..:abouttime:
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!:D

rejectedmom

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhh HEAVEN! I had my very first spa experience around Thanksgiving. I had a pedicure and lower leg massage. I felt so pretty afterwards... something I don't feel very often. I said the same thing that I should do it more often but I haven't. I think we ladies need a support group just to get us to pamper ourselves on a regular basis. LOL -RM

everywoman

Because of my health issues, I have a massage every week. It is not a "pampering" massage, but it is absolutely wonderful. It keeps my body going and keeps the pain level at a minimum. And my insurance picks up it all but a $10 co-pay!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Because of my health issues, I have a massage every week. It is not a "pampering" massage, but it is absolutely wonderful. It keeps my body going and keeps the pain level at a minimum. And my insurance picks up it all but a $10 co-pay!!

Oh my! Now that would be wonderful! My insurance does cover some alternative medicine - I'm going to look into it. Thanks for posting that little reminder!

Abbey

Spork Queen
My daughter bought me a GC to a spa in Vegas. I'd never been to one. I first had a 50 minute massage, which was nice, but the kicker was the head massage. I'm telling you, having your head massaged for 30 minutes is amazing. I think I actually drooled. (sorry) I came out with totally greasy hair, but they have facilities to take care of that. I just wanted to go to sleep after that.

Deep tissue? Yuck. I've had it done twice and it was so painful, yet effective. I think she had her whole hand and sometimes elbow under my shoulder blade. I have a pinched nerve in my back and yes...she found it quite effectively. She worked on that thing like a jackhammer.:surprise:

I'm glad you had a relaxing time.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
I have had a LOT of massages, but none in the last few years. When we lived in OH we drove across town once a week for our chiro. He had 5 massage therapists on staff and you got a 30 min massage before he adjusted you. It really helped the adjustments last. And there were therapists who did every pressure, so with-in a couple of weeks you found the one who was the right pressure for you.

I keep intending to call the Technical School here (associated with the high school) because a friend says they have a school of massage and are quite good - and are 1/2 the price! As soon as I get my taxes done I am going for a few massages.

My insurance covers massage, but there are NO providers in my STATE who take it. Which stinks.

I am glad you felt so pampered and relaxed. I think those of us who have difficult children should have massages at least every other week. I know. Beautiful Dream!