Time off for good behavior?

happymomof2

Please, pretty please with sugar on top!

I know I am not alone in this feeling. Consider myself a fairly good mom. Keep clothes washed, cook dinners, feed and water 4 legged critters, clean house, pay bills, keep up with where and whom difficult child and easy child are with, make sure lunches are made, medications are taken, before bed make sure all vehicles are locked, home doors are locked, cell phones and home phone is charging... I could go on and on we all know moms jobs never get finished.

I am just exhausted, then on top of all the above have to deal with difficult child and his moods. I know he is a boy and therefore does not have a cycle each month but I swear he pms's at least twice a week, sometimes daily!!

I really need to talk to hubby about getting a real day off - like all day. We are limited on funds but surely we could be inventive enough to figure something out. Of course that would mean finding someone that I trust enough to leave difficult child with. Need to ask brother in law when the next weekend or at least overnight youth event at church is going to happen.

Guess being a mom = never getting time off. :9-07tears:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
HM2, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I think even mom's of easy child's feel this way sometimes. Its no good.

It helps me to get a day off on the calendar, even if its not really all that close. Just knowing its coming up helps me to hang in there.

Hugs.

craftysis

I definitely believe parents--together and individually--deserve days off, you included. And there are oodles of things to do that are low cost or free; maybe it would help to start making a list of those things while you arrange for your day off, so you have something to be excited about and look forward to?

I usually "run away from home" 2-3 hours every weekend--leaving behind my husband and brother...and, in some ways, the house, too (I work from home). I take nature walks, go to the beach, visit flea markets or the craft store, just anything to relax. Last weekend, I was going to the bookstore, and my brother asked to come with and, honestly, I had to stop myself from saying no. Much to my surprise, we got along great and even hung out in their coffeeshop chatting for almost an hour.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I think it is a really good idea for you to plan a night away. It's necessary to recharge. Be sure to take little breaks too-going to the book store, for a walk, etc...

I hope you get a day away soon. Hugs.