TimerLady-Linda

dreamer

Have been keeping you in my thoughts. I am hoping no news is good news. How did kts oriental chicken turn out?
I think my friend was a little disappointed, LOL- she talked to me last nite, said she had been feeling very lonely this week, and had been looking forward to makeing a new friend, and spending time with kt and you.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thanks ladies ~ dreamer, didn't mean to disappoint your friend. Please tell her I appreciate her offer. Given kt's level of anxiety I didn't think a new person this weekend was appropriate.

Mary, I appreciate the good thoughts.

We've had a good weekend so far. We ran one very short errand & then I took kt out to lunch. Mom, daughter kind of thing. We discussed the happenings at home, with dad & wm. Kind of cleared the air & then started talking about music, fashion & other such girlie stuff. It turned into a silly talk with the waitress joining in.

husband called & he & I talked for almost 2 hours. I haven't heard him sound so relaxed in a long time. I'm glad he was able to get away.
husband is coming home sometime tomorrow afternoon - PCA will be in tomorrow morning around 10 or so. Phew/whew.

Onto the next crisis :bigsmile::hammer::rofl: This one is over thank goodness.

LittleDudesMom

Linda, glad to hear that the weekend has been a good one. Sometimes we underestimate our difficult child's ability to step up to the plate. I hope things continue to be eventless.

Sharon

busywend

You should be proud girl!!!! You CAN do it!

Glad you had such special times. Those you will remember always.

HUGS!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I ditto busywend. You should be very proud. You can do it!!!

Sounds like you and kt bug had a good time together, just the girls. :D

Hugs

OpenWindow

Linda

I am so glad to hear you had a good day. It seems like such a small thing but I'm sure the time alone with you was very special to kt - I'm so proud of her for stepping up and doing her part to make the day a good one.

Linda

M

ML

RIGHT ON! The is one of those blessings in disguise. Very cool that you and husband got to talk.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad husband was able to recharge. And that things are going well. I hope and pray that husband can find an outside the family source of support, and find a better way to release tension, stress and anxiety.

Hugs!

donna723

Linda, I've always heard that men tend to handle problems and stresses in a whole different way than women do. When faced with a problem or feeling overwhelmed, women tend to want to talk it over with other women, kind of like what we do here. They mull it over, think outloud, ask for opinions, bounce ideas and possible solutions off of people, until they think things through and work it out. Men don't do that though. They don't sit around discussing their deepest thoughts and inner feelings with their friends. They withdraw (sometimes literally) and do their solitary pondering, crawling off in to their own personal "cave" and think things over by themselves until they work it out.

And maybe that's not such a bad thing. Men are "fixers". They don't want to talk about things, they just want to "fix" them and get on with it. It's probably very frustrating for him that he can't just "fix" your medical problems and he can't just "fix" the issues that your children have. He does have a lot to deal with and is probably also under a lot of stress. I'm not standing up for him because I think what he did this weekend was very selfish and inconsiderate, but maybe a little "respite" time to himself once in a while would do him a lot of good and help him to better be able to cope. If he has a day or a weekend maybe once a month where he can get away from everything, and have time to de-stress, unwind and regroup, it might make a lot of difference. You and KT can make plans for a girls weekend and do special things together. Just a suggestion ...

nvts

Bravo Linda, KT and husband! In as much as you guys had us all worried to death, we knew that the 3 of you would survive this and come through with flying colors!

Brava!

Beth

JJJ

I'm glad ktbug was able to behave for you. There are so many signs that all of your hard work with her is helping her mature, slowly but surely.