Timerlady/Linda....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thanks for asking, sweetie.

The move for kt went off with-o a hitch. Mental health CM & an associate transported kt to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) ~ I met the there. kt still can't look me in the eye. Still insists the "antic" she pulled was a bad joke.

therapist at Residential Treatment Center (RTC) & I spent a great deal of time going over what has been going on & what needed to be addressed. kt is having a "fire" lit under her feet this time around. therapist had to remind me that I wasn't losing my mind ~ this is typical Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) (maybe over the top) behavior & I no longer have husband to tag off to or talk with on a daily basis.

I talked with kt last night & she wants to stay 9 months like her last long placement. She knows it helped her greatly ~ she wants the same help. We'll see.

In the meantime, I had to pick her brains as strange men have been showing up at my door after 10 p.m. looking for kt. Somethings is going on there & kt isn't giving it up.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wow, Linda, I hope you can figure out the stranger guys soon...that's not good in so many ways.

Hugs to you. I know you are exhausted.

nvts

Linda! You've been through the ringer - I'm sorry you're still going through it. Good think KT is in placement - it will allow you to mend a little bit.

As far as strange men: hang a sign on the door..."She's underage and both the police and 20/20 are filming the house for pedophile stings."

Feel better hon!

Beth

DDD

Perhaps you could have a local patrol car come to the house when strangers approach your property. There is such heightened awareness of predatory behaviors, the police might be able to identify the source and then eliminate it before continued visits disturb your peace of mind. DDD

mstang67chic

Going Green
Even though there's still some denial there (embarrassment maybe???) I'm glad things went well and she recognizes she needs the help.

In the meantime, I had to pick her brains as strange men have been showing up at my door after 10 p.m. looking for kt. Somethings is going on there & kt isn't giving it up.

EEEEEK!!!!! Is there any way the police could do frequent drive by's to keep an eye on you and the house? This would freak me out a little and I'm a bit freaked about it FOR you. Or maybe post a sign on the door stating that she's not there AND she's UNDERAGE!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
As far as strange men: hang a sign on the door..."She's underage and both the police and 20/20 are filming the house for pedophile stings."

Feel better hon!

Beth

We must have all been posting at the same time. I LOVE this idea...police AND 20/20!!! :rofl:

I know...not really a laughing matter but I just have this picture in my head of men seeing that....looking around wildly for the cameras and slinking off.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad the transfer went safely. It is good that kt realizes and seems to want help. I wish she had just asked for it, rather than going to this length to show you she needs it.

The strange men - what do they say when you answer the door (if you answer)? That is scary. I hope that she reveals what she has done so that you can stop it. I like the idea of a sign, but you really must find out what she has done to attract these men. I hope the police can step up protection for you.

Many gentle hugs.

N

Nomad

I'm glad she is in a safe place.

My heart really goes out to you.

Surely it is possible she mentions the 9 months for a reason. Intention...to put a bug in mom's ear.

I'm so sorry for it all. It sounds like heartbreak.

With reference to the strange men asking for your daughter...ewwwwww.

Please make sure you are safe.

I do hope you mentioned this to a therapist at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). I do hope KT decides to reveal her secrets.

wishing you and your family healing...all good things.

p.s.
In my former life, my sign would be mighty ugly! LOL!
However, I do think planning on what to say or what not to say might be a good idea. AND having a sense of humor...not a bad idea at all!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm glad the transition went smoothly.

I think I'd start opening the door with a camera in my hand to get the picture of these guys who are showing up. Or maybe have a video security camera installed at the front door. Then you could share it with the police department! :)

TerryJ2

I'm glad it went well. I'm sorry for all your heartache, and hope that KT learns and grows where she is.
Gosh, I don't know what to say about the men. I'd vote for nvts' idea!

busywend

Linda, I would put a sign on the door that says, "If you knock on this door or ring this bell you will be arrested for conspiring to molest a child." That ought to take care of it.

I had a feeling the issues were something like this. Good thing you caught it quick! Goodness when I think about what could have happened I get the chills over my entire body. Yikes!

You are such a good mom! You know your daughter!!! That is for sure!

She needed you to do this for her and she knows it. Sounds like she is almost appreciative - even though it may not come across that way.

DammitJanet

You know...I think I just saw on TV about something called a Peephole camera! I think that would be a perfect investment right now. When these men show up, just click a photo of them then ask them what they want thru the door and record it. Should prove interesting to the cops.

Or you could open the door and tell them...Oh I am so glad you came. I was so looking forward to our night on the town. Let me get my whip, chains and handcuffs! Considering they expect a teen girl and you (cough cough) are not. They should be running for the hills. Giggles.

I am so glad KT went in smoothly.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I'm glad she went in fine. I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this, including the strange men in the middle of the nights. Continued prayers.

Nancy

Oh Linda what a mess. Men appearing on your doorstep. What do they say when you open the door? Have yoou questioned them to see who they thought they were meeting? What has the sheriff said about the myspace page?

I'm glad the move went ok and you had help. How are you feeling?

Nancy

graceupongrace

So glad the move went well. Hoping kt can get some much-needed help.

That's very creepy about the strange men. Stay safe and don't hesitate to speed-dial 911 if they persist!

Hugs.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
This is the best family around...... thank you for asking how things were going.

kt is pushing at this Residential Treatment Center (RTC) ~ there is a fear that she will run; if that occurs she will end in a locked unit. Suffice it to say that the last 45 day in patient diagnostic may have missed a thing here or there given all that has occurred in the 1.5 months since she's been home (not that it's all mental/emotional illness.).

I deliberately missed the mtg with psychiatrist & kt today (called in exhausted & disgusted). He decided that he would wait & we'd get back together in 2 weeks (after next week's vacation). "This might give me time to get my thoughts & feelings in order before we meet."

Haven't heard from kt ~ don't expect to. She's pushing back hard this time.